Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Re: 26/5/19 Thanks to all,who have posted this morning

Good luck with your house sale and relocation Twink, reading some of your previous posts I have heard you speak very fondly of your house and garden and it must be such an emotional moment when you find the time to sit and contemplate the move....

Moving house is rated in the top five most stressful things you can do behind being made redundant and divorce, so take it easy and don't neglect yourself, plenty to eat and plenty of rest, everything else will take care of itself....I hope it all goes smoothly Twink.....x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good luck with your house sale and relocation Twink, reading some of your previous posts I have heard you speak very fondly of your house and garden and it must be such an emotional moment when you find the time to sit and contemplate the move....

Moving house is rated in the top five most stressful things you can do behind being made redundant and divorce, so take it easy and don't neglect yourself, plenty to eat and plenty of rest, everything else will take care of itself....I hope it all goes smoothly Twink.....x
Thanks Foxy! I know it will take a while to settle in at a new place & to be honest, there well be a lot less work to do. Once the cats are settled & i have my new furniture, new utility room & spare sitting room( I am going to convert the garage).... I think I will be glad to have moved.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:23 AM

I hope all goes well with Your move Twink,as Someone says,it's a very stressfull time...I downsized 16 yrs ago and I think I fell out with almost Everyone ..I also didn't sleep for a few nights in the new place as I missed the old...but it was the best thing to move to a 2 bed' bung'...no stairs so less prob's with arthritic joints..good luck,and I hope You'll be very happy in Your new place,xx
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I hope all goes well with Your move Twink,as Someone says,it's a very stressfull time...I downsized 16 yrs ago and I think I fell out with almost Everyone ..I also didn't sleep for a few nights in the new place as I missed the old...but it was the best thing to move to a 2 bed' bung'...no stairs so less prob's with arthritic joints..good luck,and I hope You'll be very happy in Your new place,xx
Thanks May, It is good to hear when somebody else has done it. I had a bungalow before I moved here, & loved it because I had so much time when I didn't have to do housework.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:15 AM

I remember I started packing things away six months before it even went on the market, just stuffed all the boxes in the garage. I really don't know how I would have managed otherwise, there was just so much stuff.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

27-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember I started packing things away six months before it even went on the market, just stuffed all the boxes in the garage. I really don't know how I would have managed otherwise, there was just so much stuff.
I haven't started yet!
I am not happy though, as an older couple knocked on my back door today asking if this was the house for sale. I said "Yes but all enquiries should go through the estate agent" he told me it was his daughter that was interested & she booked last week to come and see it tomorrow. The house wasn't on the market till Saturday, so I asked what time she was coming.
He said 10.30, but no arrangement had been made for viewings till 3.30 tomorrow, so I told him that couldn't be right.
There has been so much interest in the house that i think he wanted to get her in early without going through the estate agent.
Yesterday I had a couple who wanted to swap their 4 bedroom detached for mine... so I said no. They even tried to offer £25,000 more if I would!
I will speak to the estate agent tomorrow to see if they can put it "strictly by appointment only" as another man came on Saturday & I told him to speak to the estate agent.
I think the house may have been undervalued, so if I get a lot interested in buying I will see who offers the highest value.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I haven't started yet!
I am not happy though, as an older couple knocked on my back door today asking if this was the house for sale. I said "Yes but all enquiries should go through the estate agent" he told me it was his daughter that was interested & she booked last week to come and see it tomorrow. The house wasn't on the market till Saturday, so I asked what time she was coming.
He said 10.30, but no arrangement had been made for viewings till 3.30 tomorrow, so I told him that couldn't be right.
There has been so much interest in the house that i think he wanted to get her in early without going through the estate agent.
Yesterday I had a couple who wanted to swap their 4 bedroom detached for mine... so I said no. They even tried to offer £25,000 more if I would!
I will speak to the estate agent tomorrow to see if they can put it "strictly by appointment only" as another man came on Saturday & I told him to speak to the estate agent.
I think the house may have been undervalued, so if I get a lot interested in buying I will see who offers the highest value.
I was going to say that Twink, probably what will happen is there will be a bidding war but you don't need to get involved in that, the estate agent should sort that out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I haven't started yet!

Twink, l couldn’t believe the asking price of your house. In my area, it would have commanded, at least double that is being asked for it.
I think, you should stick out for a lot more.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

28-05-2019, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was going to say that Twink, probably what will happen is there will be a bidding war but you don't need to get involved in that, the estate agent should sort that out.
You are right Dongle and that is probably what I will do. If it sold at the asking price I could buy the bungalow that I found & it is nice, with good safety for my cats.
At the moment I feel that my health is suffering, trying to keep this place going, and that comes above everything. On the other hand, if so many want it, I am sure a bidding war will start & I think that is why they suggested an "offers over" guide price.
I am hoping to live for another 10 years, and my cats will have probably gone by then, so as long as they are ok I am not interested in the money!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 10:23 AM

I must be the only person in the world who loves moving house ....my advice which I know you didn't ask for ....do not allow the Estate agent to do all the negotiating...sorry to be a fly in the ointment but if there is any development potential in your property....be very careful of estate agents and their developer pals.

Good luck with it Twinks.....I'm so jealous...wish I were moving.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top