Join for free
Page 621 of 737 « First < 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 671 721 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:33 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Amac ->
Everything to do with plumbing has got worse. Think how about how much less repair time you need to spend on cars than you did say 30 years ago. No repainting rusty sills for example.
Disagree.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:42 AM

BBC Disk Jockeys who talk over the music being played, speak with strange nasal voices, laugh, loudly at their own rubbish jokes.

And they have to have their names mentioned, by some staff member, every few minutes.

e.g. "Steve Wrong in the afternoon", and such like.

And many of them seem to be called "Ball"!

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
BBC Disk Jockeys who talk over the music being played, speak with strange nasal voices, laugh, loudly at their own rubbish jokes.

And they have to have their names mentioned, by some staff member, every few minutes.

e.g. "Steve Wrong in the afternoon", and such like.

And many of them seem to be called "Ball"!

Ignore them Ted!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ignore them Ted!
nihil humanum mihi alienum Phrase
Adapted from Terence's Heauton Timorumenos (The Self-Tormentor), homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto ("I am a human being; nothing human is strange to me"). Sometimes ending in est.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
nihil humanum mihi alienum Phrase
Adapted from Terence's Heauton Timorumenos (The Self-Tormentor), homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto ("I am a human being; nothing human is strange to me"). Sometimes ending in est.
Dulce est desipere in loco!

It is delightful to let go, on occasion!

Amac
North East of Scotland
Amac is male  Amac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Disagree.
It’s true cars have got more complicated than they used to be and a lot of components need computers or electronics but surely they’ve got more reliable? I’ve had some bad experiences with the new fancy taps lasting no more than a couple of years so maybe I’m a bit jaundiced.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Know - alls!

I had a choice of German or Latin at school, I took German thinking I'd never use Latin.
Then got a job in Pharmacy where lots of things were in Latin.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 12:03 PM

All this crap that is going on at the moment, the BLM mob run around en-masse and nothing is said about them increasing the risk of a spike in covid, a group of football fans gather in Liverpool and the government are screaming that their actions will cause a spike and spread the disease!
We wrongly get a load of white people meeting up on beaches and the police are everywhere issuing tickets and moving them on, large groups of blacks decide to have illegal raves at various point around the country and the police do nothing!
The BLM mob moan that blacks are more at risk from covid because they are deprived, perhaps if they followed the rules like everyone else they wouldn't get the virus, but no, they think rules don't apply to them, and while I'm at it, if black lives matter so much how come they haven't been out kicking off when several blacks were killed by other blacks, there's been nothing said on that! Or is the truth more like the fact that they only crawl out of the woodwork when a white person is invoved and they can start screaming racism!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Amac ->
It’s true cars have got more complicated than they used to be and a lot of components need computers or electronics but surely they’ve got more reliable? I’ve had some bad experiences with the new fancy taps lasting no more than a couple of years so maybe I’m a bit jaundiced.
Yes,I agree with the odd component.
My experience is with power electronics where reliability is mandatory.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes,I agree with the odd component.
My experience is with power electronics where reliability is mandatory.
I'm just trying to teach myself electronics and it's driving me nuts. lol

Page 621 of 737 « First < 121 521 571 611 619 620 621 622 623 631 671 721 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top