Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Re: Florida - 17 dead, high school shooting

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
That's right. I'm a big Trump fan. Frankly, your country is a shell of its former self. There are many reasons for that just as there are many reasons why we have fallen so low. Too many to list in a chat forum. But at least our President is trying to make America great again by protecting us from the enemy within AND the enemy without. Wish I could say the same for your Mater and her formerly Great Britain...
Trump is making America look stupid in the eyes of the rest of the world, he is a very bad joke!

Obama was the best President America has had in a long while.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Trump is making America look stupid in the eyes of the rest of the world, he is a very bad joke!

8 years of Obama was the worst thing that ever happened to America.

We could go on like this all day. Which I do not wish to do.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:13 PM

total so far in 2018 of school shootings in the USA is 19.

We are not even into March yet

What is wrong with a country where this happens? I just can't get it into my head why they allow any Tom Dick or Harry to go into a gun shop and buy a killing machine without hardly any checks.

Their constition needs serious overhaul to start with. Next is to close down all gun shops making it harder to get guns and amunition, there is no need for them
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:38 PM

Just picked this up..The Associated Press

@AP
BREAKING: Leader of white nationalist group has confirmed suspect in Florida school shooting was member of his organization.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Yes of course he was, trump isnt fit to wipes his shoes, and as for trump becoming presidential, which comic books do some read. He is a dirty , malicious business man , who only has one thing on his mind , and that is how can i make things benifit trump. He is just using his role of President for his own purposes.America will have no respect from any country until he is gone , and then it is going to take years to get the country back in respect
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 04:20 AM

US Culture:

The Problem Part I:

Combine a gun culture that is so deeply seeded in Second Amendment to the US Constitution, our history of fighting to win (clever obervation T-pin), paranoia, glorification of violence in the media - with almost no mental healthcare and you have a perfect storm that will result in mass school shootings.

One of the students at school during yesterday's shooting, very bright and articulate, said that she was neither suprised about the shooting nor expected it would be the last. She said that we live in a time in which vulgarity (as in lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.) has taken over every aspect of society - music, politics, etc. and until we raise the bar, we can expect more violence.

How she traversed from vulgarity to violence is a leap but she is exactly right. When we decided that freedom of speech (which is mostly about speech in protest of the government) should mean that we can put anything out there - there losing civility in television, movies, and how we treat each other. Like a drug addict who needs ever increasing amounts of drugs to stay high, producers of music, television, video cames, and movies believe that they needed an ever increasing shock value, including a ramping up of violence, in their projects to keep the consumer buying.

Consider this video that was #2 on the billboard for several weeks, two years ago. It comes from an album and movie of the same name called, "Suicide Squad." As you listen to this catchy tune (not fascetious, I like the melody and beat) pay attention to how and what they are glorifying. Every kid (eight or so and up) I know is familiar with this song.

To be continued (for the willing )....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Let me know when news of the killers drug habit is mentioned (however briefly).
Nothing about drugs at the Moment but.

Its thought he was born with fetal alcohol syndrome .

He was a Russian.

Adopted by an American couple.

They kept in touch with his natural Mother.

Then His Natural mother Died and then his adopted Parents died as well.

Then his Girl friend dumped him.

Then its Valentines Day.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
US Culture:

The Problem Part I:

Combine a gun culture that is so deeply seeded in Second Amendment to the US Constitution, our history of fighting to win (clever obervation T-pin), paranoia, glorification of violence in the media - with almost no mental healthcare and you have a perfect storm that will result in mass school shootings.

One of the students at school during yesterday's shooting, very bright and articulate, said that she was neither suprised about the shooting nor expected it would be the last. She said that we live in a time in which vulgarity (as in lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.) has taken over every aspect of society - music, politics, etc. and until we raise the bar, we can expect more violence.

How she traversed from vulgarity to violence is a leap but she is exactly right. When we decided that freedom of speech (which is mostly about speech in protest of the government) should mean that we can put anything out there - there losing civility in television, movies, and how we treat each other. Like a drug addict who needs ever increasing amounts of drugs to stay high, producers of music, television, video cames, and movies believe that they needed an ever increasing shock value, including a ramping up of violence, in their projects to keep the consumer buying.

Consider this video that was #2 on the billboard for several weeks, two years ago. It comes from an album and movie of the same name called, "Suicide Squad." As you listen to this catchy tune (not fascetious, I like the melody and beat) pay attention to how and what they are glorifying. Every kid (eight or so and up) I know is familiar with this song.

To be continued (for the willing )....
A very telling post SM. Now, with the help of millions of other American parents, do something about it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 10:56 AM

The spiral will continue. So many claiming that if teachers were armed this would not have happened. Every time there is a massacre the result is the same, a call for yet more guns. This is precisely why America will now never get gun control.
With the NRA wielding financial control of the goverment, there is not a hope in hell of anything changing.

So sad, I love America and it's people, but they are on the brink of disaster, particularly with the present Administration.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Let me know when news of the killers drug habit is mentioned (however briefly).
Has anyone even muttered the word "drugs" yet?

Richard Madeley is still, this morning, scratching his head as to why he lad did this.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top