Join for free
Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 05:01 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

I couldn't handle being on chemo for so long - I'm still suffering the side effects of it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 05:07 PM

Chemo is pure poison tbh so its to be expected that the effects will be long term and possibly ongoing...
If I had to have chemo treatment again id seriously have to consider wether its a route id want to go down again. I have serious aches and pains and imo its all stemmed from the poison I had to have for 6 months and this was 4 yrs ago now .
Im convinced its the after effects .
I still have peripheral nueropathy slightly in my feet and fingers..
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Aysa, I thought very long and hard before deciding to accept chemo. And I will not do it again. Quality of life is more important than quantity to me.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:41 PM

It’s such a difficult decision though, so much depends on family and they are desperate for me to get well.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Chemo is pure poison tbh so its to be expected that the effects will be long term and possibly ongoing...
If I had to have chemo treatment again id seriously have to consider wether its a route id want to go down again. I have serious aches and pains and imo its all stemmed from the poison I had to have for 6 months and this was 4 yrs ago now .
Im convinced its the after effects .
I still have peripheral nueropathy slightly in my feet and fingers..
I still get this with my fingertips Aysa - and my treatment ended in 2012. It is easing off, but VERY slowly. Hopefully yours will ease off more as time goes on as well....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
It’s such a difficult decision though, so much depends on family and they are desperate for me to get well.
It must be your own choice in the end Val.
Chemo affects us all differently in both the short and long term.
Good luck whatever you do / decide........
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Val, each of us has his/her own motivations for what we do. You have your lovely family, and clearly they are a factor in your opting to continue chemotherapy. Ultimately, of course, it is your choice of what feels right for you.
At the risk of repeating myself, I have noone in this world who will be too adversely affected if I choose not to have further treatment. So making my decision is undoubtedly easier than it is for you. I feel lucky in that, really, because any decision I make does not affect other people.
It is much more difficult for you, and I recognise that and wish you all the very best.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 08:12 PM

I'd have to think long and hard about whether to undergo a third round.

The first time I had chemo (for a different cancer) while not particularly pleasant was nothing compared to my present issues. I don't think I even had 1 infection, but, like orangutan 2, I only have myself to consider.

I have slight peripheral neuropathy in both hands but my sore back (and I'm assuming it's the chemo) along with the fatigue is very tiresome.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

05-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Ffosse, I had to think long and hard about whether to undergo chemo at all in the first place, so I can empathise with what you say. In the end I opted for it to give me time to hopefully do a bit more travelling and spend my savings. What's left will go to charities.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Thank you all for your comments, it is always good to hear different people’s points of view. I have a CT scan in a week followed by an appointment with the oncologist. I guess the scan will be the deciding point in the treatment.

Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top