Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Re: Gran killed by Police Dog

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well it is also the lefty Independent. How do you deal with that?
lefty and Independent are oxymoron.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
She died. Death, the last time I heard, is terminal.
You know what I meant.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You know what I meant.
I'm sorry she died. I'm just a bit sceptical about how the story was portrayed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:50 PM

lefty and Independent are oxymoron.
Indeed. The so-called Independent is anything but independent.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:51 PM

On the surface I would say I blame the police completely.
The dog section work with their dogs all day and everyday, so that cop must have known what his dog's temperament was like.

It sounds to me like maybe a young, badly trained, exciteable dog was in the hands of an equally badly trained police officer - a recipe for disaster.

1. The fact that he was too far away from his dog to stop it immediately casues me concern.

2. The fact that the dog was not trained enough to stop on command bothers me more.

3. I don't understand how the dog managed to get out of the hallway to attack the woman a second time.

4. Do we know what the woman did? Did she scream when the dog came in? Did she flap a tea-towel/kitchen implement anything else at it in panic when it came towards her, as this would have inflamed the dog more?

Once again, another case where none of were there so are only taking the word of a journalist, who also wasn't there.

As Swimmy said in the beginning, questions need answering, but how would we know they were answered truthfully?

It's all very well to say "Shoot the dog", but how did it really happen in the first place?

As an aside, back in the 90's when I was breeding my German Shepherds, one youngster went down to be trained as a police dog for the Met.

I told them if he didn't make the grade, he was NOT to be passed on, he must be returned to me.

Some time later, sure enough, they brought my dog back.
They said he passed all his tests with flying colours, in fact the police told me he had passed faster and better than most of their other dogs ever had.

So the reason he came back?

My pup was too kind and loved everybody!
They could not get him to hold and bite, he just wouldn't do it so they brought him home, he was of no use to them.

I kept the litter brother of that beautiful, gentle dog for myself. He was the love of my life.
He is the incredibly handsome chappie on my avatar picture, my big gentle giant.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Once again none of were there so are only taking the word of a journalist, who also wasn't there.

As Swimmy said in the beginning, questions need answering, but how do we know they are answered truthfully?
We don't. This event is just asking for a cover-up.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 09:41 PM

Seems a complete cock up by the police, who did not intend the dog to enter the house where the woman was attacked. It was used to search the undergrowth etc in the gardens and beyond. Surely a basic requirement was to secure any houses nearby with people shut inside.

Everything I've read about this smacks of police error. I also know that Police dogs are very often not good examples of trustworthy obedient dogs. Not to be trusted is definitely a sensible thought when near many Police dogs.

Whereas this young man represents a breed that has great affinity with people.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

19-09-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
Everything I've read about this smacks of police error.
Or inaccurate reporting.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:19 AM

Or inaccurate reporting.
And your evidence of that is, what exactly.

Further reports from the court proceedings highlight dire police mismanagement of this dog, who had a history of biting, including biting someone's face.

Apparently the person responsible for buying the dog ( on the cheap) for the Cleveland force was not even told by the Police Dog Training Centre of the dog's history, and claims he wouldn't have taken on the dog if this had been disclosed.

Everything about this case should ring alarm bells in the Police Force.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 10:35 AM

Police dogs are normally well trained and also of the right temperament.
The dodgy ones that don't "leave" when ordered to by the handler very often end up with the Army.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top