Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:17 AM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
yay me too. PS I have big UK size 6 feet
Another big foot.
Size 8 seems to be a common size
I’ve got a bit of a foot fettish.
Cute painted nails and all
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:18 AM

I'm still struggling with nighttime hot flushes!!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Another big foot.
Size 8 seems to be a common size
I’ve got a bit of a foot fettish.
Cute painted nails and all
You saw my chocolate shoes, did you see the feet?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Gosh. I'd never put old mascara on my eyes, nor slap old stuff on my skin either.
I don’t either Mups. I exaggerated is an understatement.
I usually get new mascara every 3 months and throw the old ones out. I’m not fond of pink eye BUT I hsve to admit I’ve got lipsticks ive had for years and years.
Lipsticks and nail polish seem to multiply and collect somehow
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-09-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You saw my chocolate shoes, did you see the feet?
YES! Those were the cutest.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t either Mups. I’m exaggerated is an understatement.
I usually get new mascara every 3 months and throw the old ones out. I’m not fond of pink eye BUT I hsve to admit I’ve gotluosticjs ive had for years and years.
Lipsticks and nail polish seem to multiply and collect somehow

Have I misunderstood Bratti?
I thought you said you only renewed stuff every 6-8 years just now? Now I'm confused.

I was once told that we can get eye infections from old mascara, that is why I said I would never use old stuff.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-09-2018, 12:33 AM

I was kidding. As we speak I have 4 fairly new mascaras. ( dark brown waterproof, blue , teal and black
I can’t stand gooey, clumpy mascara. It’s gross and it gets too junky to apply properly so they get chucked out.

BUT I have to confess I’ve got a LOT of old make up which I never use any more that SHOULD be thrown out but isn’t

And my shampoo hair conditioner cupboard is off the charts I’ve got bottles & bottles of stuff
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-09-2018, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
That is so nice of you to say, cause I would be wanting to give you a big hug if we met in person....you are such a nice person to know Bratti.

I will be visiting Bath & Beyond and see what they have. I am not in good shape right now, but maybe in a month or so.

I just googled them and they are a bit pricey. I think if I was going to spend that much, I would go with the electrolysis like you did....

As a person get's to be my age, our skin seems so thin and loose, almost makes me afraid she will rip it when she does the waxing. And I hate the threading. I am a crybaby when something hurts and the threading hurts worse than the waxing for me, but maybe I would get used to it, if I tried...
I'll put that on the back burner for now....
Maybe someday we will meet and both get that hug.

If you are the least bit queasy then you’re best off letting someone else do it for you. Electrolysis is quite pricey also but you can look into it and decide. I was glad I got it done.
I bought one of those units so do the rest of my body hair at home. It doesn’t hurt at all. It’s a bit warm from the laser but nothing too concerning.

You’re a good person too Blue.
Tell me how it goes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 12:50 AM

As I understand it make up is not use by, but best before. So having stuff for years does not matter. But I hardly ever bother with mascara, perhaps that's different? Haven't used kohl since the eighties, but I suppose that could have bacteria if you keep it too long. Although our mobile phones are likely to have the largest bug colonies and we don't throw those out!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

22-09-2018, 01:09 AM

What’s Kohl ? Is that eye liner or mascara.
I honestly don’t know how long mascara lasts but I’m sure I’m not the only one who has kept mascara past its expiry date. (Not that they have one)

I think it might depend how you apply your make up. If you used foundation for example and dipped your fingers into it each time you used it then technically it could be full of bacteria. I think that’s why the top brands offer scooping spoons.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top