Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:17 AM

Getting Away From It All

Can you really Get away from it all in this day and age.....Apparently so, although you would have to have deep pockets to achieve it.

If you could, would you choose one of these as a vacation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...Greenland.html
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:34 AM

Re: Getting Away From It All

Nice places, though you don't have to go that far or spend too much.

http://www.wildernesscottages.co.uk/...iday-cottages/

I believe that in an age where you can keep in touch 24/7, it is nice to just disappear for a while so..
Do not switch on a mobile phone, laptop etc. unless it is an emergency.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:41 AM

I don't crave isolation but I would love the scenery and widlife.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:43 AM

Not for me, a nice cruise suits is my ideal
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Nice places, though you don't have to go that far or spend too much.

http://www.wildernesscottages.co.uk/...iday-cottages/

I believe that in an age where you can keep in touch 24/7, it is nice to just disappear for a while so..
Do not switch on a mobile phone, laptop etc. unless it is an emergency.
They look like heaven George
We stayed in a cottage overlooking Loch Melfort 30 odd years ago and never saw a living soul or car there for a week
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:51 AM

I just have to go out of My back door and walk to the bottom of the garden to My wee Summer House to get away from it all....Nothing to see/hear except the trees and the sound of the Birds singing...perfick, ;~)
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 01:04 PM

Some of those places look amazing but no too far for me.

We have been on a few breaks this year and I don't look at the news, don't watch telly or read the papers. My phone is there for me to read my book, sad to say no one really needs us so does not cause us a problem.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:03 PM

May, I could do the same, but a local farmer has obviously been spraying a field with manure, and it's not exactly smelling of roses!
Shirley - my phone is only capable of making phone calls. It's paperbacks for reading and a camera for taking photos.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:12 PM

Aah, well here I have a problem. My young bride for 50 years hates it being too quiet, and likes to see the sites. The more people to talk to, the happier she is. Me? I would love to be dumped on a tropical island and left alone. (Mind you, it would be nice if a doctor/dentist lived on a nearby island and had a speedboat).
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:26 PM

Same here Hanfonius. My idea of heaven is to be landed where there are as few shops as possible and no tourists attractions to wreck the place.

Grumblewagons Hill Cottage would be perfect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top