Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 03:21 PM

No go at the PO

Just a mention to anyone travelling, you can no longer get the forms for medical insurance at the post office. You have to do it online or by phone.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 03:34 PM

Re: No go at the PO

It seems to me that the post office is increasingly un-userfriendly...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 04:56 PM

It's a drive by the Govt to get everyone doing everything via the internet. This is what we teach at our computer classes at the library, and hence the reason for the course.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 12:00 AM

Our bank is closing & our po are supposed to be able to do most things you'd need there. I don't like using the internet, I want to see real people, talk to real people & handle bits of paper.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 03:19 PM

Problem is, it seems that you can do less and less at the PO these days, as they try to get everything done by phone or internet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 07:47 PM

They are really trying their utmost to privatise the post offices here, when I went to collect me pension on Friday the chap who owns the shop and runs the post office was handing out leaflets, he’s standing in the forthcoming general election, he tells me there will be several post office managers seeking election all over the country as independents, and judging by the reaction of his customers he will have no problem being elected, hearing stories like this only make the people more determined not to let our post offices slip away into the greedy hands of the strictly for profit companies.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

04-08-2015, 10:11 AM

Yes, Jem, and the prices have gone up another 5% recently. I think the total increase in the past 5 years or so is something like 40%!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top