Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 03:36 AM

Feeling with the Heart

In a recent trip to Brazil I was fortunate enough to visit The Falls of Iguazu. What shocks you is the immense power of the falling water and the endlessness of it all, leaving all to ask.. where is all this water coming from and will it ever stop ?

When I was there, the words of Helen Keller came to my mind.. " The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt by the heart. "

I think no matter your reality, if you listen, your heart will speak to you and I personally saw that communication take place in the faces of the difference people watching the power of nature at work on that day.

So next time you experience a sunrise or sunset or even, a full moon on a starry night, pay attention to your heart, it will tell you of the reality before you...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-29-21-04-27-1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	212  
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 06:23 AM

Re: Feeling with the Heart

Very true Painter, I've often been moved by the beauty of nature.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Indeed, I see that movement in the pictures you take everyday.

Happy Saturday, Alan !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
In a recent trip to Brazil I was fortunate enough to visit The Falls of Iguazu. What shocks you is the immense power of the falling water and the endlessness of it all, leaving all to ask.. where is all this water coming from and will it ever stop ?

When I was there, the words of Helen Keller came to my mind.. " The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt by the heart. "

I think no matter your reality, if you listen, your heart will speak to you and I personally saw that communication take place in the faces of the difference people watching the power of nature at work on that day.

So next time you experience a sunrise or sunset or even, a full moon on a starry night, pay attention to your heart, it will tell you of the reality before you...

Works for me Rodolfo - I love to watch the skies, in awe every time
Music - nature - all can lift your spirit and give a special comfort - those who do not experience that wonderful feeling are truly missing out .......
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-01-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Works for me Rodolfo - I love to watch the skies, in awe every time
Music - nature - all can lift your spirit and give a special comfort - those who do not experience that wonderful feeling are truly missing out .......
I think nature speaks to us abiut another reality. Don't ask me what that reality is, because that a personal reality between your heart and your senses
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Yes - is true
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:06 AM

Very true - awesome nature cannot truly be described in words
eyes_of_a_painter
n

30-01-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Very true - awesome nature cannot truly be described in words
Because like in dreams most messages we receive are symbolic and those symbols alone speak a thousand words
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
and vice versa.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
What shocks you is the immense power of the falling water and the endlessness of it all, leaving all to ask.. where is all this water coming from and will it ever stop ?
But of course the water comes from itself. It is the same water that goes around and around in the Earth's never ending cycle. The water thunders over the waterfall and makes its journey down river and seeps into the ground wherever it travels. The gentle warmth of Mother Earth then heats it to the point where it rises from the soil as mist and vapour, taking with it tiny particles, up to the atmosphere where it begins to condense, form droplets which eventually fall back down as rain or snow. Then the cycle begins anew, again and again forever.

It is the cycle of life itself as you well know. The very macrocosm that is mimicked by the alchemists in their constructed microcosms. As above so below.

"the Artist has only to look on while Nature gradually matures his substance."

The whole process which we employ closely resembles that followed by Nature in the bowels of the earth, except that it is much shorter.

if we would explore Nature in our Philosophy, and attain the desired successful results, we must tread the books of Nature with our feet.

Nature must serve as the foundation and the mode of science: the Art also works according to Nature as far as it can. It is necessary then, that the Artist observe Nature and operate as she operates.

I note EOAP that you do not accept PMs. Would you consider changing that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top