Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 03:43 PM

should we rename oxfam - oxsham ?

should we rename oxfam - oxsham ? 11.02.18

please is all i ask
just going to extend the humble hand
we are transparent with no mask
if help is needed we will land.
every world crisis
we will fight with out hesitation
no corruption or any vices
help is available to everyone in every nation.
we need publicity
have to advertise
the pocket is as deep as infinity
it could now be the ultimate demise.
you workers that abused
it is the ultimate betrayal
a bit like the village and now being defused
oxfam in highgate is set to derail.
getting your leg over
it is going to be a costly scam
you treated all of us like ben dover
it will finish you all at oxsham.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43020875
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: should we rename oxfam - oxsham ?

Someone l know, always referred to Oxfam as ‘Harrods’ for the prices they charge!!

There is an Oxfam book shop in the town and local booksellers are fed up that they are losing out to them.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 04:18 PM

No doubt, like many others, I find it astounding and disgusting that sexual abuse is happening in this and maybe other aid organisations. It will be a serious blow if it's found that the money used for these prostitutes was money from the organisation.

And the article suggests that they may have paedophiles within these organisations too. A shocking revelation. They are parasitic, opportunist scum, if what they suggest is true.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 04:28 PM

They same applies to a number of UN contingents.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:22 PM

I stopped supporting Oxfam years ago, they became too political and corporate in their approach.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:43 PM

Oxshameless scandalous and sordid.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 06:33 PM

This kind of thing is not restricted to Oxfam. When you live where the big charities work, it´s somewhat of an eye opener to what goes on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 11:48 PM

I stopped supporting Oxfam years ago when they imported expensive Italian marble to make a fascia for their office building!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 01:36 AM

I hope this doesn't mean that the oxfam charity shops will close. They are so handy for getting rid of stuff.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I stopped supporting Oxfam years ago, they became too political and corporate in their approach.
I once went for an interview for a big children's charity. It was for a marketing post. They were based in a tall shiny office block with smoked glass mirrored lifts. Lots of chrome, soft lighting and deep pile carpets. The job was all about schmoozing up to potential "donors". Really changed my view of "charity".

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top