Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 04:49 PM

Poor Arthur

Arthur is our black and white rescue who we have had coming two years after losing Alfie

He had a bad start in life having been dumped at the side of a busy road as a kitten. He was caught and taken to the rescue centre where he spent a few months , being over looked because he was so shy and standoffish

Anyway he’s had a good home with us, rules us completely, even mother is smitten and moans if he hasn’t been in to see her

Got in from work last night and his eye was weeping and he was keeping it closed. Got him to the vets this morning and it’s not good news. From what she could see, the entire eye is ulcerated and the weeping was blood tinged. Antibiotic, pain killer and eye drops and back Tuesday , but she thinks the eye is too damaged to be saved - she will know more on Tuesday if the welling goes down and she can get a better look

Totally devistated

Little tyke has managed to get the cone off and we are feared to put it back on him as he keeps getting his back leg stuck in it and he’s going mental wanting to go out but he’s not allowed out case he gets anything in the eye making it worse

Tuesday is going to be a long way away

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:00 PM

Re: Poor Arthur

Aw, bless him, I hope he gets better soon.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:15 PM

Poor Arthur, I hope the medication helps him. He's a handsome lad.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:24 PM

What a little sweety - hope all goes well for you.
They are like part of the family.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Ah he looks really sweet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:31 PM

It would be terrible news if his eye cannot be saved but as I am sure you know, cats are very resilient and he will function well with one eye and will still look as handsome.

Hoping for good news though Missy. Please let us know how he gets on Tuesday.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:41 PM

Missy, Arthur will cope if he does lose his eye, so it is you I feel sorry for.

Cats are wonderful at coping with disabilities, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that your vet may be wrong on this occasion.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Poor Arthur, I hope his eye can be saved
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:06 PM

What a beautiful puss - I hope all goes well for him.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 06:21 PM

Oh gosh Missy your Arthur looks so much like George one of my cats.... I'm so sorry he has this problem and I truly hope he gets over it …

A suggestion here if the vet says surgery is needed please don't rush into it. I have owned cats all my life and they are very resilient, my advice would be take him home and as long as he isn't in distress I would just wait a while and let nature have a hand in his recovery. Of course if he is in distress or the condition gets worse surgery might be needed.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top