Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:28 PM

Re: What breed is your dog

Oh all these dogs are so beautiful. I just love them all....
Filly's son breeds german shepherds and another one, I can't remember what they are called. They have a squishy face, maybe they are bull dogs. Don't know...she will probably be in and she can tell you....

I used to babysit a Miniature Schnauzer. he was so smart. I got too attached to him. when they moved, I went through a hard time "letting go".....it broke my heart..I looked after him for 5 years, so I was close with him, every day...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:30 PM

Thanks Annie.
What lovely and interesting mixes you have TessA
It’s not much fun living without one
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:31 PM

You should get a dog Blue. You could if you really wanted to and you’d never regret it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:33 PM

Ours is a collie. We got him at a rescue centre at about a year old and, as he was picked up as a stray, we can't be certain that he is purebred. But he looks and acts the part. And the vet thinks he is.

At 35 kg, he is quite a big beast but ever so gentle. Sure, he has a few quirks. He barks and does a whirling Dervish when the shower is turned on.

Outside, he is just an absolute gentleman. I do an hour stroll with him in the morning and one or two later in the day. No lead required and very little instruction beyond telling him left or right when we go out the front gate.

He travels well in the car - 600 miles in two days, pubs, hotels, lifts.......nonchalant he is. His first experience with a lift surprised us. Never seen one but trotted in like he owned it.

To us, he is just Max.

This is he..

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:35 PM

Chloe is the latest in a long line of Miniature Schnauzers, I had my first one 'Bunny' in 1964

'Chloe'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:29 AM

This boy was the love of my life. My beautiful, devoted Elmo.

Mother & son (Dottie & Douglas, big lad 44 kg)

Little and Large. (Elmo's son, Biff with Mups).

Izzy & Mups

& lastly, my youngest - little Gertie

Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 05:53 AM

During my first marriage I had 2 dogs but sadly don't have any pictures.

Blackie was a Heinz 57, her mother was a Lab/Collie cross and her father was a Spaniel cross, so she was a real mixture.

Spike was a Lab/German Shepherd cross, he looked just like a yellow Lab.

Since I've moved here I've had 3 dogs. First 2 were Golden Retrievers and the current one's a Lab....

Maverick...

Lucas.....

Bailie...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

My late dog Floyd (Shih - tzu x Yorkie) who loved to run off with my slippers when I got home.

Dolly (Shih tzu - Chi) who thinks she's human, likes to sit on my lap and lean back, like a Meerkat until she falls backwards, also unravels my wool if I leave my knitting around.

My grand dog Rose (BIchon x Chi) who is tiny, barks a lot and takes on any dog that dares to breathe the same air as her.

All very cute, Tessa. Dolly looks as though she is doing a Yoga mediitation !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
During my first marriage I had 2 dogs but sadly don't have any pictures.

Blackie was a Heinz 57, her mother was a Lab/Collie cross and her father was a Spaniel cross, so she was a real mixture.

Spike was a Lab/German Shepherd cross, he looked just like a yellow Lab.

Since I've moved here I've had 3 dogs. First 2 were Golden Retrievers and the current one's a Lab....

Maverick...

Lucas.....

Bailie...
All gorgeous, Nicol. Love the names as well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-09-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just commented on another thread about designer dogs got me to thinking about my lovely little Bichon Frise, he's almost 11 years old and an absolute delight.

He has such a great character and little traits which Bichons are known for like the 'Bichon Blitz' where he will run up and down the stairs and round the house like a bullet, he's crazy but always makes me laugh.

He does something that we call 'broken necking' which is he will sleep in his bed with his neck almost the wrong way round, I don't know how he does it but I remember first time he did it I was horrified LOL

He also does what we call 'walling' where he likes to get as near to the wall as possible and lay on his back with his legs spread eagle showing his rudies, well he would if he had some

Another thing he does which is really odd, I will open the back door for him to come in and he just stands at the door looking at me and doesn't come in, I will then go to close the conservatory door and he will come in, no idea why he does that but I always play him at his own game

I've added a couple of pictures

Tell me about your dog and any traits and how they make you laugh. I love to read about peoples animals. Lets see soe pictures
He is so sweet - and looks very cuddly.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top