Join for free
Page 22 of 56 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Question: Can you eat the pips that are in grapefruits?

I've ordered the grapefruit seed extract anyway, but wonder if a similar effect could be had by eating the pips also.

For a long time - while I was on statins - I couldn't eat grapefruit which I missed greatly.

EDIT: Now, after a quick call to the nurse in my doctor's practice I'm told grapefruit is best avoided as I'm on diazepam and that combination isn't good, apparently.

I don't know - so much differing information out there.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Question: Can you eat the pips that are in grapefruits?
No Ffosse. They're hard as you will know. If you ate them they would just come out the other end like apple pips and so on, just no point.

GSE is made from the pips and pulp which are crushed and processed.

I've ordered the grapefruit seed extract anyway, but wonder if a similar effect could be had by eating the pips also.
No you need processed GSE to get the benefits. It's concentrated.

For a long time - while I was on statins - I couldn't eat grapefruit which I missed greatly.

EDIT: Now, after a quick call to the nurse in my doctor's practice I'm told grapefruit is best avoided as I'm on diazepam and that combination isn't good, apparently.
Yep Statins and many other meds have contra-indications with GSE. Diazepam is one.

"Grapefruit juice: (Major) Orally-administered diazepam may interact with grapefruit juice. Grapefruit juice has been shown to increase diazepam peak serum concentrations (Cmax) and exposure (AUC) by 1.5-fold and 3.2-fold, respectively, when diazepam was administered orally. Grapefruit juice contains furano-coumarins and certain flavonoids which may inhibit the CYP3A4 isozyme. Increased sedation or other CNS effects may be possible. To prevent this interaction, it would be prudent to avoid taking oral diazepam with grapefruit juice"

You'll have to steer clear of the GSE Ffosse.

Donate it to someone you know who has no issues with grapefruits.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Well, I'm just going to be eating a lot more oranges. I like lemons and limes, too, in hot or cold water and will find a use for the rind. There's no fruit, really and few veggies that I don't like.

My neighbour just informed me that she ate a whole 200g bar of Cadbury's fruit and nut today and was going to skip her evening meal as a result. She is a lovely person but does have eating issues.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:16 PM

and will find a use for the rind.
Well you can make great crystalised lemon or orange peels for us in cakes and muffins very easily.

Google methods for doing it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

13-09-2018, 10:01 PM

Flu Mortality Statistics UK

We saw in my earlier post the mortality statistics of the entire USA attributable to Influenza (with Pneumonia thrown in to boot). Those numbers showed in no uncertain terms that the number of deaths relating to influenza HAVE NOT FALLEN AT ALL as a result of the vaccine.

Annie previously stated she wasn't interested in other countries so let us now examine the number of deaths in the UK attributable to Influenza.

The numbers are all recorded by the Government Office for National Statistics (ONS)

Here are the specific number of deaths caused by Influenza over the years in England and Wales

2017 - 454
2016 - 313
2015 - 274
2014 - 86
2013 - 140
2012 - 76
2011 - 109
2010 - 37
2009 - 78
2008 - 39

You can check all these numbers yourself in the source references below.

These results may come as a bit of a shock to those who still cling to the cosy myth that the flu vaccine has any impact at all. The number of flu related deaths has actually been GOING UP esp in the last 3 years. This tends to tie in with the PNAS study which although preliminary, found that vaccinated people spread the flu some 6 times more than unvaccinated people.

The data is clear. The flu vaccine IS NOT lowering mortality rates at all. In fact quite the opposite.

The amount of data now confirming that the flu vaccine is utterly useless and being marketed via a blatant Campaign of Fear is extremely significant.

It's important that people have the information in order to make an informed decision.

Source refs: (data is in table 2 in each case)
2017 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...s2017final.xls
2016 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...s2016final.xls
2015 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...elease2015.xls
2014 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-410299.xls
2013 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-370787.xls
2012 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-317489.xls
2011 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-282971.xls
2010 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-227839.xls
2009 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...ata-tables.zip
2008 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...ata-tables.zip
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Tory cuts and scaremongering.

The Spanish flu caused 20 to 50 million deaths worldwide. That's your baseline.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Tory cuts and scaremongering.
Desperate stuff Annie

The Spanish flu caused 20 to 50 million deaths worldwide. That's your baseline.
lol. The Spanish Flu pandemic occurred in 1918 !
There were no vaccines for it, and nothing created could have any effect because at that time they had no clue that Spanish Flu was caused by a virus.

As you well know, a virus related flu vaccine was not developed until the 1930s and was then only approved for public use in 1946. By that point the mortality rates had already massively plummeted as we have seen from the chart I put up, and those rates haven't changed much since.

Flu vaccines as we know them today played no part whatsoever in ending the Spanish Flu pandemic. In fact, the strain, being lethal and thus killing most of it's own hosts, killed itself via that process of natural selection. It could not spread effectively once it had killed so many people.

It is actually believed that many of the flu deaths during the pandemic were actually attributed to aspirin poisoning. Medical authorities recommended huge doses of aspirin of the order of 30 grams per day. The safe limit today is deemed to be around 4 grams.

Funny isn't it how the so called "qualified" medical industry can slip up like that ! Nothing changes TBH.

I'm afraid that as ever you are on the back foot with this whole debate.

I have categorically proven to you that your assertion that flu vaccines have reduced mortality rates is utterly false.

The Influenza death rates in the UK have been steadily rising despite the flu vaccines.

The Influenza death rates in the USA have remained very consistent and haven't reduced at all despite the flu vaccines.

The flu vaccine remains utter snake oil. A toxic cocktail of harmful ingredients marketed to an unsuspecting population using a purposeful Campaign Of Fear. It doesn't prevent people getting the flu, it doesn't reduce flu mortality rates and there are strong indications that it increases the spread of flu around the population as vaccinated people shed 6 times more of the bugs than unvaccinated prople do.

It's a horrific situation for people to find themselves in and to be forced to deal with. It needs to stop.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:32 AM

No in fact you're desperate because you keep regurgitating this thread and trying to get my attention by naming me in your posts.

Indeed there was no vaccine in 1918. We have had a pandemic flu strain in circulation since 2009 and it hasn't caused 20 to 50 million deaths because there is now a worldwide vaccination and containment campaign for such situations.

If people scaremonger and stop people from being vaccinated then of course flu deaths will rise and there aren't sufficient facilities to treat them when they all turn up at A&E. Vaccination prevents unnecessary hospital admissions.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2018, 09:46 AM

We have had a pandemic flu strain in circulation since 2009 and it hasn't caused 20 to 50 million deaths because there is now a worldwide vaccination and containment campaign for such situations.
No this is more fluffy unicorn mythology and superstition.

We haven't had millions of deaths because we are no longer involved in world wars of the type we had with WW1 and WW2. The deadly Spanish Flu mortality was a result of massive overcrowding in military camps and urban areas and a general lack of hygiene and sanitation caused by the war. There was mass movement of miltary personnel all across the globe and thus those people spread the flu everywhere.

We have better controls for isolating people and better hygiene now. The flu vaccines, as has been adequately scientifically proven, have little to no ability to prevent people getting the flu.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-09-2018, 11:23 AM

The Spanish flu spread because there was no vaccination. It is what spurred researchers to develop a flu vaccine.

Page 22 of 56 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top