Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 08:56 PM

Water Fasting.

Have any of you done Water Fasting? Either for Health or Weight Loss, I am feeling very sluggish, tired and just not right.
I was sat in the Hot Tub this afternoon, so I couldn't help overhearing a couple of ladies talking about doing it. I wondered if it might just do me some good too, a few days on nothing but water and clear out all the bad stuff in me, kind of reboot my body so to speak. But what I need to know is........... How to deal with the hunger that will drive me nuts after a while.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:01 PM

Re: Water Fasting.

hunger is a chemically stimulated body response - it is there and will come - ya just have to fight it - take it on!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:09 PM

Easier said than done for me Gumbud, when I get very hungry I start to feel sick and dizzy, I don't want to pass out or anything.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:14 PM

well of course you should protect yourself - try lying down - you certainly shouldn't be doing anything active like climbing a ladder!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:34 PM

Think I'd read up on it a bit first, Roxy, seems a bit drastic.
What suits one person might not suit all of us.
Keep yourself safe gal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:53 PM

It's good to do this a day before, the day of treatment and the day after if you are on chemotherapy. It is meant to reduce the side effects, particularly nausea.

But otherwise you should check with your doctor before doing it, particularly if you take any medication. You could end up fainting so make sure you're not alone when you follow this. It's meant to create feelings of euphoria. It wouldn't surprise me if people didn't have hallucinations too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Maybe drinking lots of water before eating.
I personally think that fasting is drastic.
I will find some research Roxy. X
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 11:04 PM

I am reluctant to advise too much Roxy, as I do not know your health conditions nor the reason you are feeling so sluggish and tired.

I do agree with Annie though, and think it best to check with your doc before embarking on this regime. You don't want to be feeling faint if you drive. Take care.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:24 AM

Roxy Hen...don't be daft..We need food...bugger the water diet...We must get it into Our heads that We at this stage in Our Lives will never be as slim or fit as We were 20/40 years ago..it's now a time to enjoy Our lives and stop worrying about how We look to other People...You are gorgeous and fit....end of.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:14 AM

No Roxy, it won't do you any good at all. It may cleanse your system for a few hours but you will lose all your energy and become immobile and very poorly. The body needs nutrients (i.e. food) to survive, as well as water.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top