Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Re: Deer Park

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I didn't know they did jousting there Mags. We were also on our way to Dawlish when we first spotted it. Of course it's not a defensive castle but still worth a visit. They do do two tours of the house which is included in the price and the guide is excellent. She made it really interesting.

There are also a couple of cafes there and a restaurant plus a shop which is quite good but a bit pricey. Also some nice plants for sale.

I think it's about £12 for adults but you can revisit any time within the following seven days.
Thanks for the info LD, I'm sure we'll get to visit one year but I doubt we will ever get to see the jousting as it never seems to take place when we go.

https://www.visitsouthdevon.co.uk/wh...sting-p2457313
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nice pictures Dongles, they have such pretty markings don't they, almost like little snowflakes settled on them.
If I had the space I would keeps some Mups. So cute.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks for the info LD, I'm sure we'll get to visit one year but I doubt we will ever get to see the jousting as it never seems to take place when we go.

https://www.visitsouthdevon.co.uk/wh...sting-p2457313
Been back today to do the 'Upstairs Downstairs' tour which takes in some of the bedrooms and hidden staircases down to the old original kitchen. The tickets we bought on Monday were still valid so it was free. Well worth doing and very interesting.

Also saw the pets corner bit where they have lots of chickens, geese and some donkeys; some rodents and a couple of pigs ... oh and some lovely goats. Great for the children to see and some of the animals can be touched.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Been back today to do the 'Upstairs Downstairs' tour which takes in some of the bedrooms and hidden staircases down to the old original kitchen. The tickets we bought on Monday were still valid so it was free. Well worth doing and very interesting.

Also saw the pets corner bit where they have lots of chickens, geese and some donkeys; some rodents and a couple of pigs ... oh and some lovely goats. Great for the children to see and some of the animals can be touched.
It sounds great, I hope we'll be able to visit next year.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Hundreds of deer where I often walk at Petworth House. This photo caused a big argument when I posted it on another forum, with some know alls insisting it had been photoshopped because a rear leg appeared to be missing. Trust me folks he was equipped with all four legs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-09-2018, 10:21 AM

Ha ha, it does look that way but closer inspection shows the leg behind. He's a beauty.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
Hundreds of deer where I often walk at Petworth House. This photo caused a big argument when I posted it on another forum, with some know alls insisting it had been photoshopped because a rear leg appeared to be missing. Trust me folks he was equipped with all four legs.
Ha ha, it does look that way but closer inspection shows the leg behind. He's a beauty.

Most assuredly he is, but its not his legs one needs to worry about, since Venison steaks don't come there but the sides and this one looks in peak form - venison steaks 'on the hoof'!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-09-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Most assuredly he is, but its not his legs one needs to worry about, since Venison steaks don't come there but the sides and this one looks in peak form - venison steaks 'on the hoof'!!!
Personally I would rather see him in his natural setting rather than served up on a plate.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Personally I would rather see him in his natural setting rather than served up on a plate.
Yes indeed.
Thank you.
As would I!

If I were to guess where the other leg is I’d be checking Uncles Joes BBQ grill.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes indeed.
Thank you.
As would I!

If I were to guess where the other leg is I’d be checking Uncles Joes BBQ grill.
I hope so, he hates BBQs.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top