Join for free
Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

Does for me, Here's the first paragraph

"A group of 65 women have come to the defense of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who is facing an allegation of sexual misconduct from the early 1980s in the lead-up to his confirmation vote."
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Does for me, Here's the first paragraph

"A group of 65 women have come to the defense of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who is facing an allegation of sexual misconduct from the early 1980s in the lead-up to his confirmation vote."
that wouldn't be too difficult for a guy in his position to organize?
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 01:26 PM

I am sorry , I wouldn't care if it was a hundred years ago.
If he truly did that to her , I am glad she speaking up .
Burn in hell you (fill in the blank ) . I guess I will be going to
hell for thinking that way .
How could time justify a crime.
If it happen to your daughter at 16 or what ever age she was .
Would you want him to be a judge.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Sorry Sugarbug, but I was amused by the contradiction between this post and your signiature ...

Regarding the case though, surely there is a hell of a difference between a drunken teenage grope at a party and a lifetime of abusing women. I don't care what you say, there can't be many blokes or women that haven't been to a party like that, but virtually non of us turned out to be serial sex abusers. I would venture that most of us went on to live decent lives, and the stupid drunken fumble of an immature teen should not define us for the rest of our lives. But if this experience was really so traumatising then why on earth has it taken 36 years for her to say so? The whole charade is bloody ridiculous ....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 02:29 PM

well let's hear it out in court heh?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It'll be interesting to see how many others come forward with similar claims. Seems to be the case nowadays that once one person makes an accusation, several others (including the usual spate of compo claimants) soon follow.
Originally Posted by galty ->
5 days ago 65 women came forward.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...uct-allegation
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So this judge is apparently a serial abuser of women and therefore not fit to hold office in the Supreme Court!!!

I surely do wish people would READ, instead of jumping to conclusions. THOSE 65 WOMEN CAME FORWARD IN DEFENCE OF JUDGE KAVANAUGH.!!!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:13 PM

For pity's sakes, they were both drunk, they were both underage, it was a teenage grope.

I wish there was a judge somewhere in this world who would say just that, and add that he didn't undress or rape her, yes he disrespected her (at the time) and should apologise for that, end of. Case dismissed.

Unless I've got it all wrong in which case I apologise.

P.S. Barry I so agree with you!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->

SB, you seem to have already convicted the poor guy. "BURN IN HELL", you said? And, on what ? The word of one woman.

In any civilized nation, a man is supposed to be innocent until and unless FOUND GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW.

The #METOO movement is nothing more than a lynch mob. No proof required. Just the word of a woman is enough to destroy any man at any time.

SHAMEFUL !
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
SB, you seem to have already convicted the poor guy. "BURN IN HELL", you said? And, on what ? The word of one woman.

In any civilized nation, a man is supposed to be innocent until and unless FOUND GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW.

The #METOO movement is nothing more than a lynch mob. No proof required. Just the word of a woman is enough to destroy any man at any time.

SHAMEFUL !
This is political and being used as political.

Facts.

Letter sent to Senitor Friestine(SP) at the start of the hearings

Nothing said about it till the vote was going to be taken in 3 days time.

Letter then passed on to the FBI 3 weeks after she got it and no mention of it at the hearings

When asked why she did not disclose it sooner she stated it might be fake.

There are two anti Trump hating Republicans who will with any excuse will vote with the Dems to stop the Kav appointment.

On November the 6th the Dems might take over both houses.

And the Dems don't want any thing to do with people that Trump puts forward for the Supreme Court.
bakerman
Mexico

19-09-2018, 05:59 PM

Yes, Senator Dianne Feinstein rigged this whole thing beautifully. She had the letter from Ford, way back in July, but said nothing of it until a vote was about to be taken. Feinstein's goal is to delay to proceedings as long as possible, in the hope that the Democrats can regain control of one or both houses of Congress with the Nov 6th mid-term elections.

PS: IMO any Republican who votes with the Democrats will incur the wrath of their constituents in the next election.

It would be a dangerous maneuver but Senator Grassley , Republican chairman of the Judiciary Committee, can force a vote to recommend that Judge Kavanaugh be advanced to a vote of the entire Senate, at any time.

This is war. If I were Pres Trump, and Judge Kavanaugh is voted down, I'd next nominate the most extreme right-wing Judge I could find. Then another and another and another, for the next two (possibly 6 years).

Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top