Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Re: What was your favourite??

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Mccowans Highland Toffee - or coo candy as we called it because of the picture of the highland cow.
I still have the little silver hammer that you could whack Highland toffee with.

Nowadays they probably call that theraputic technique
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:20 PM

I used to love Yorkie bars, lovely thick solid chocolate .... mmmmm

After a few years my taste changed to Cadbury's Whole Nut bars and Topic bars or Marathon ..... anything with nuts in it.

In my later years I like Ferrero Rocher (there's the nut connection again ) and now for special occasions I like Thornton's Continental chocolates. My husband has given me a box every Christmas for the last 45 years!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:22 PM

....... oh and I almost forgot, when I was pregnant I was hooked on Turkish Delight
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Walnut whip - (((with two walnuts))). Bar six and everything else.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Turkish Delight!
Drool!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:52 PM

You can still buy the fry’s chocolate cream, I used to love the fry’s bar with different flavours, one was pineapple,I think, I also remember a bar called the summit bar, used to love them but no one seems to remember them. anybody remember the Aztec bar? , toffee treats? what about curly wurlys when they were pure toffee, and not whatever it is they’re made from now, plus stuff was much bigger then, I seem to remember wagon wheels the size of tea plates..
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Oh Filly. I’d forgotten all about those chocolate cream filled eggs from Laura Secord. Oh drool! They were heavenly.

I love quality street chocolates too

I know eh...they were wonderful. I had a favourite aunt and uncle...and they always bought Laura Secord Chocolate for us at Eastertime... When my children were young...they bought Laura's for them as well... Aww memories...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 05:09 PM

When I was a teenager I worked at a mall and there was a Laura Secord in it.
It was a tad dangerous but heavenly.
We didn’t have any aunts or uncles and while my parents never bought Laura Secord eggs, we did get some really good chocolates. Plus my father’s work always had stuff for the kids at every holiday and I’ve been an Addict ever since
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 08:12 PM

I didn't really like chocolate bars as a child, nor much candy either.

Needless to say, I've gotten well past that in later years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I didn't really like chocolate bars as a child, nor much candy either.

Needless to say, I've gotten well past that in later years.
Well done Night Now.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top