Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 03:03 PM

Re: Would your neighbours lend you milk, sugar etc. if you ran out.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Their loss Tiff, as I know you are a lovely person.
I always say to myself, they will need me, before I will need them.
It's a shame, Sweetie, we have lived next to them for more than 20 years, were friendly, when my OH was alive, but he's a funny bugger & always thinks he's right. I won't speak to him again & he'll never apologize.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:25 PM

I live in the sort of neighbourhood where my neighbours would know before me that I've run out of milk, butter, eggs, et cetera et cetera
And would probably bring it around in the hope of a drink and a catch up with my latest news
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 12:24 AM

They probaby would but I would never ask .
I have a car and would go and buy some .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My nearest neighbours are horses from the local Equestrian Centre. I'm sure i could borrow anything from them as i "lend" them carrots now and then. Never get them back though.
The best sort !
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:38 PM

yES MINE WOULD GIVE ME SOMETHING IF i RUN SHORT OF ANYTHING,BUT I TRY NOT TO ASK
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:27 PM

I am blessed with lovely neighbours - I know if I needed help it would given and vice versa.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:17 AM

Ditto,Tabby.
Although my neighbours are [approx] a half-mile away,we all get on with each other in excellent fashion. I'll do anything for them-they've proved they'll do the same-for each other or for me. I have to say,I'm really blessed with the neighbours I have. The distance is non-existent. I too, am surrounded by horses..but they're really tiny Shetland ponies...awwww. I just HAD to say yes when Jodie asked if she could graze them here. [Plus,they really do make superb ''guard dogs'',but in a non-violent way]
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:28 AM

It's great to read that most of us have good neighbour's.

I'm surprised to be honest because we seem to buck the trend according to the media we are becoming more insular and an uncaring society....reading this thread we seem to be the opposite.

Maybe it's a generational thing?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:34 AM

Hi

I have no doubt that if I ran out of essentials my neighbours would go out and shoplift some for me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2018, 06:40 AM

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top