Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Re: Old Grey Fox in the Hot seat.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, it’s great to see you in the hot seat!

Have you ever worn your hair long?
Thanks Arty, it's good to see you, and thanks for your interest....

This is about as long as it ever got Arty......

Just one more question!

I loved the pic of you and your mother in the sea. She had a stunning figure. Can you tell me a little bit about her, please.
I'd be delighted to Arty......

She was Mable Mary, and worked as a bus conductor for over forty years until she retired. She used to drive the double deckers at the garage when each conductor was responsible for the cleanliness of their bus. She used to drive it into the yard and take out all the seats for beating. Obviously she had strong arms which I occasionally fell foul of from time to time....

Generally speaking though, she was a gentle woman with a wild sense of humour and who rarely lost her temper. More than could be said of my Dad....
She never smoked but enjoyed a full English breakfast most mornings, never did her any harm though, because until the last few weeks of her life she had never spent a day in hospital, and she lived to be 84.....There are many things I wish I could have told her....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Me again....

Where would you rather live – a big house in the suburbs or a tiny apartment in a great location in the city?
Thanks for your interest Wild Blueberry......
A content country boy at heart WB, satisfied with the basics in life, and that's why I would choose a small house in the country, but not too remote.... Probably an outbuilding for a workshop with a selection of machines....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-09-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Evening Foxy.

I seem to remember you saying that you were good with your hands. What things have you made that you are most proud of?
With a failing battery on my Netbook and a spider the size of a small mouse that's just scurried across the carpet, I'm going to reserve your question until tomorrow Longdogs...Goodnight my friend I'm just going to release this fine example of a hairylegged, frog eyed nightmare (no it's not Mrs Fox ) into the wild.....I didn't have the heart to kill him.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for your interest Wild Blueberry......
A content country boy at heart WB, satisfied with the basics in life, and that's why I would choose a small house in the country, but not too remote.... Probably an outbuilding for a workshop with a selection of machines....
Sounds wonderful! And your photos are lovely.....
Thanks OGFox
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:42 AM

Hello Foxy, I hope you survived the spider

My question is, I know you were in the Caribbean and Guernsey recently I wondered do you have any other places on a wish list you would like to visit and why ?

Doing great so far by the way
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:56 AM

Just one more question!

I loved the pic of you and your mother in the sea. She had a stunning figure. Can you tell me a little bit about her, please.
What pic ?

Where?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 06:56 AM

Good Morning Foxy - I am glad you did not kill that spider - they are lovely, useful little creatures!

Do you like to cook and what is your favourite meal?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:04 AM

OGF does your wife use the internet much & does she like forums?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-09-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Evening Foxy.

I seem to remember you saying that you were good with your hands. What things have you made that you are most proud of?
Morning Longdogs.... I've hit the ground running this morning, so before I have a delightful morning down the Tesco, I'll just have time to outline some of the projects I've had the pleasure to complete...Well! some are still on the shelf waiting for attention....

Probably my proudest achievement would be the workshop I built in the loft.
My overworked car needed piston rings and big ends replacing; My how she burnt the oil... When we bought the bungalow I couldn't afford the garage, it was midwinter and the engine needed some loving attention so I built a heavy duty floor in the loft and took the disassembled engine up there piece by piece.

After a rebore (the engine not me..) Each day I worked late into the night reassembling the engine bathed in heat from a handy fan heater.....
Using an old washing machine motor and the flywheel off a mini I constructed a winch, machining all the parts at work with the support of a blind foreman...

Forty years later, and walls have been constructed, floors carpeted and workspace created with state of the art lighting. Many projects have been designed and built up in, what is now an electronics lab, Including a large Hi Fi amplifier with speakers (built before Hi Fi was generally sold) to supply 'Music while I work'...

The winch is still in use today providing the muscle with heavy items (up to one ton) in and out of the workshop, although nothing heavier than an OldGreyFox and the families archives use it these days......The workshop however, is in constant use, and because Mrs Fox is unable to access it, it serves as 'My Shed' where dreams can become a reality.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-09-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What pic ?

Where?
This one of me and my Mum in the sea at Newquay Carol....

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top