Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:13 AM

Re: 'Mass brawl' breaks out on P&O cruise ship Britannia

Horrified mum brands P&O cruise 'Benidorm on sea' after mass brawl at buffet

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ruise-18790182

A mother, who was on board with her 12-year-old son, has hit out claiming that many people on the cruise were just there to 'drink as much as they could'.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, she said: "From the moment we embarked on the ship we found many of the other guests to be rude, have zero manners or respect for others.

"The boat was basically Benidorm on Sea with a me, me, me attitude.

"We found many people were there purely to drink as much as they could with their unlimited drinks packages."

A female entertainer who works on the Britannia had claimed a clown crashed a black-tie party held in the 16th-floor restaurant, prompting anger from the other passengers.

Richard Gaisford, a reporter for ITV's Good Morning Britain, was on board and said staff were told the incident was sparked by the appearance of the clown by a member of a group involved in the brawl.

However, P&O confirmed on Sunday there was no clown on board and said this was supported by ship staff.

This was confirmed by Hampshire Police.
So, no clown involved in the violence just drunken cruise passengers .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Horrified mum brands P&O cruise 'Benidorm on sea' after mass brawl at buffet

However, P&O confirmed on Sunday there was no clown on board and said this was supported by ship staff.

Hilarious!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Hilarious!!
The clown was probably hiding behind the pink elephants!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:33 AM

Apparently the brawl broke out at 2:00am....Had I been on the ship (which I wasn't) I would have had several hours sleep by then, and so would most of the passengers. Any late night shenanigans go mostly unnoticed by most, it's only when the media get hold of the story - most likely reported by some well wisher wanting to subsidise their fare - that these things come to light.

However, the Britannia does have a reputation for being a 'Rowdy' ship.....
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Don't worry folks, The Old Bill are on the case!!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Don't worry folks, The Old Bill are on the case!!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Woman tells of ‘nasty’ punch-up on P&O’s Britannia cruise ship

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...ship-52frqpvgm

A mother who was spattered with blood during a brawl that injured six people on a luxury cruise liner has raised concerns about safety on board.

Olga Lynch was on P&O’s Britannia returning to Southampton from a week-long trip to the Norwegian fjords. She was treating her teenage sons to a hot chocolate on the 16th level when the fight broke out at about 1.30am on Friday. It went on for more than ten minutes before security could break it up.

A man and a woman who had sung karaoke and attended a black-tie dinner are understood to have got into an argument with a larger group of people “One guy had time to pour himself some water, take a breath and go back in,” Ms Lynch, 46, said. “Too much time passed before security turned up, and it allowed this to turn very nasty.”

“There was bedlam, shouting, punches being thrown,” Ms Lynch said. “A young teenager was screaming, it was quite upsetting.” She added that she then helped an injured woman to safety. “Someone was screaming, ‘You hit a girl’! ”

Staff were “helpless”, she said. “The waiters were standing there and thinking ‘oh my goodness’.* It wasn’t their job [to intervene] though.

“After about ten minutes we heard the captain over the tannoy saying, ‘Code sierra, code sierra, requesting security to the 16th deck’, ” she wrote on Facebook. “It was quite bonkers.”
* 'it ain't werfit' .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Woman tells of ‘nasty’ punch-up on P&O’s Britannia cruise ship
* 'it ain't werfit' .....
How sad that a much anticipated holiday will be remembered by some passengers for this unfortunate incident.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:48 AM

Going on a cruise ships with hundreds of other people sounds like my idea of hell.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Going on a cruise ships with hundreds of other people sounds like my idea of hell.
Mine too Muddy there is no escape ....

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top