Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 07:59 PM

I Wonder Which Dog Will Be Crowned Champion At Crufts Tonight?

I love the Crufts final and I wonder who will win tonight?
It is so competitive these days and it's usually a dog from abroad that seems to win'these days.
I suppose there will be the usual scandals or controversies following the show!
Will you be watching? Do you have a favourite?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:32 PM

Re: I Wonder Which Dog Will Be Crowned Champion At Crufts Tonight?

I usually watch it but haven't managed to this year Art
Have you got a favourite...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 08:53 PM

Watching it now. Just love the agility section.

Who do I want to win? Maybe the little Westie from this evening's show. I have a soft spot for them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I usually watch it but haven't managed to this year Art
Have you got a favourite...
Meg, I would have liked to have seen a Flatcoated Retriever or a Poodle in the final but they haven't made it this year.
I'd like the Gordon Setter to win!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Yay, the Westie did it! So pleased. It's the breed I'm interested in.

Congratulations.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 10:05 PM

I've got a Westie-he's nearly 13yrs old.Lovely breed of dogs.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 10:43 PM

Last year I heard so much nasty rivalry among dog breed lovers and so many nasty comments it made my stomach turn.
If thats what competition does to people its not for me I wont watch any more.

In response to the hatred poured out by so called dog lovers then I wrote the following.
------------------------------------------------
I look at my own 14 year old beagle Benny each morning and think OMG you are beautiful , you are strong , eager , alert, smart and downright wonderful. The best beagle ever born.

I look at my old crossbreed Remy and think , you got the short straw boyo,,, a small head and broad shoulders, chicken stick thin legs and a constant sad look. You wont win any beauty shows unless the judges can look inside and see the kind loving shy little dog who sticks to me like velcro who laid in front of his housemate after he was attacked and sheltered him from any other foe who might dare try it on.

A little dog who is scared of his own shadow but who let Oscar use him as a pillow and would front up to any dog who got too close when Oscar got frail.

I dont need anyone else to tell me my dogs are wonderful I know they are. I dont need a rosette to tell me they are winners they won my heart years ago.
But I also know that everyone who truly loves thier pet thinks exactly the same about thier companion and I accept that without malice or jelousy.

Its a pity there arent more who think that way.
------------------------------------------------------
I think its still true.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Watching it now. Just love the agility section.

Who do I want to win? Maybe the little Westie from this evening's show. I have a soft spot for them.

Well you got your wish Jazzi. She was a sweet little character wasn't she, I'm glad she won.

That bloke with his Pekinese was getting on my nerves, I wanted to ram that flippin' hairbrush where the sun don't shine.

Did you see that poor German Shepherd a bit earlier in the programme. He should never, ever have been allowed to complete, let alone get as far as he did - disgusting. Once a judge shows favouritism to a dog that shape, all the stupid breeders who want to make a name for themselves will copy him, and all the work done to get rid of those awful exaggerated roach backs will be undone.
I hope after the KC delve into it more, he will have his qualification taken away.
Phew! I feel better now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Last year I heard so much nasty rivalry among dog breed lovers and so many nasty comments it made my stomach turn.
If thats what competition does to people its not for me I wont watch any more.

In response to the hatred poured out by so called dog lovers then I wrote the following.
------------------------------------------------
I look at my own 14 year old beagle Benny each morning and think OMG you are beautiful , you are strong , eager , alert, smart and downright wonderful. The best beagle ever born.

I look at my old crossbreed Remy and think , you got the short straw boyo,,, a small head and broad shoulders, chicken stick thin legs and a constant sad look. You wont win any beauty shows unless the judges can look inside and see the kind loving shy little dog who sticks to me like velcro who laid in front of his housemate after he was attacked and sheltered him from any other foe who might dare try it on.

A little dog who is scared of his own shadow but who let Oscar use him as a pillow and would front up to any dog who got too close when Oscar got frail.

I dont need anyone else to tell me my dogs are wonderful I know they are. I dont need a rosette to tell me they are winners they won my heart years ago.
But I also know that everyone who truly loves thier pet thinks exactly the same about thier companion and I accept that without malice or jelousy.

Its a pity there arent more who think that way.
------------------------------------------------------
I think its still true.

Sadly, Cass, that is exactly what competition does do to some people. Prestige becomes more important than pets.

I have never had anything to do with breed showing, never been remotely interested. It is just like the Miss World competition of the canine world where looks are valued more than anything else. Very, very shallow world IMO.

p.s. love what you wrote about your dogs. x
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2016, 11:35 PM

I loved the Westie, they are great little dogs & I have know several, though never owned one myself. They are also very popuar dogs, even without a Crufts winner.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top