Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think we all like to be read so by that definition we are all seek attention, otherwise why bother posting?

What amazes me though more than anything, is how really prolific posters find the time, particularly when they post on more than one forum. I sometimes think there can be nothing else in their life...
Agree with you on this one Barry, often wonder how people find the time to post so much
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Enya ->
Agree with you on this one Barry, often wonder how people find the time to post so much

I only post on this forum Enya, I don't even do facebook or twitter, in that way you guys get all my best stuff....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

I only post on this forum Enya, I don't even do facebook or twitter, in that way you guys get all my best stuff....

Same here foxy, no facebook, nothing.

I only post on here - just to come and see you.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Enya ->
Well I worked full time all of my life, ran a home, cooked ( never had take aways), did the washing and ironing and had a social life....so now I am retired I find I have lots of time to post on the forum.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 12:35 PM

I admit that on some forums I roll my eyes and think "ho-hum, yet another post from someone who just wants to boost their post count."

I don't very often post on forums and sometimes days or even a couple of weeks go by without me posting anything. I think it's due to the same old topics hanging around, long past their sell by date and full of pointless one-liners that often have more smilies plastered into it than actual content.

There are vast sub-sections of forums that I never visit anyway due to not being interested in (or even bored by) the theme of a particular sub-forum. Sport, religion and motoring to name but a few as examples, although there are a lot more.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I admit that on some forums I roll my eyes and think "ho-hum, yet another post from someone who just wants to boost their post count."

I don't very often post on forums and sometimes days or even a couple of weeks go by without me posting anything. I think it's due to the same old topics hanging around, long past their sell by date and full of pointless one-liners that often have more smilies plastered into it than actual content.

There are vast sub-sections of forums that I never visit anyway due to not being interested in (or even bored by) the theme of a particular sub-forum. Sport, religion and motoring to name but a few as examples, although there are a lot more.
Tachyon, l'm not sure why you don't post more and become an 'attention seeker'!
Being familiar with your quality and relevant posts you have lots to offer on many subjects!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 05:43 PM

Why is not posting on Facebook considered a virtue?
It's not the same as posting on this site which is more conversational .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just the time thing with me Muddy, facebook requires a lot of maintenance to keep it up to date, I much rather prefer to be out in the world making stories than writing my own or reading about other peoples. Being a member on here and taking part in a good discussion or writing in Bob's Bits takes up all the time I am prepared to spend on the computer. And I have got to know some very nice people on here, and who could not fall in love with Mups?...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes it's totally different and you can adjust the privacy.
Keep up with interest groups and join in discussions on things important to you.

Everything you say on forums can be viewed by anyone, you're more exposed. Which is why you need a user name I suppose, to stop people knocking on your door!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:41 AM

...and there's Pet Rescue!

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top