Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:07 AM

Re: The Number 9 !!!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
To Kabbalists, the bumber 9 represents God, BUT it is also interesting to see that the number of Satan, 666, reduces to 18, then 8+1 = 9 again.

In numerology the number 9 personality profile is - "creative, and aware of their spirituality. They are often visionaries, or workers for mankind. Charitable deeds appeal to their sense of purpose in life.
They are often writers, musicians, artists with a heightened senses of drama and do well in theatre or entertainment. Being logical and good advisors they can also make good soldiers and military personnel."
Those are vety interesting facts. We can also determine that numerology plays an important role in the bible
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:08 AM

When we were in China , at the Temple of Heaven the slabs as seen below were done in 9's with the centre the emperor stood praying to heaven. If my memory serves me correctly 9 is the Chinese lucky number

Seadog
Bristol Uk
Seadog is male  Seadog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:09 AM

Another interesting bit of 9 related maths is the number 12345679 (note no 8).
If you multiply this by any single digit multiple of 9, the result is a recurring number of the multiple.
Example: 9X3=27.
12345679X27= 333333333. Note that there are nine digits in the result.
If the multiple of 9 is two digits, similar results occur, try 90, 99 and 108.
There is some science behind these results, based on the concept of place value and the number zero.
Because 9 is the highest single digit number in the decimal system, the next number adds 1 to the value of the place to the left, and resets the first place to zero.
This is an extremely important concept in mathematics. The Romans did not have a symbol for Zero, hence their very cumbersome construction of large values.
It is not certain when the concept of zero and place value were first understood, but it is claimed for both Greek and Muslim scholars.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
When we were in China , at the Temple of Heaven the slabs as seen below were done in 9's with the centre the emperor stood praying to heaven. If my memory serves me correctly 9 is the Chinese lucky number

I like that picture that is very interesting. Mystics say that when God created the universe he used numbers. If thats true, I should of paid more interest to math as a child..
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:18 AM

The 9 of diamonds, the playing card, is sometimes called the Curse of Scotland.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

17-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Seadog ->
Another interesting bit of 9 related maths is the number 12345679 (note no 8).
If you multiply this by any single digit multiple of 9, the result is a recurring number of the multiple.
Example: 9X3=27.
12345679X27= 333333333. Note that there are nine digits in the result.
If the multiple of 9 is two digits, similar results occur, try 90, 99 and 108.
There is some science behind these results, based on the concept of place value and the number zero.
Because 9 is the highest single digit number in the decimal system, the next number adds 1 to the value of the place to the left, and resets the first place to zero.
This is an extremely important concept in mathematics. The Romans did not have a symbol for Zero, hence their very cumbersome construction of large values.
It is not certain when the concept of zero and place value were first understood, but it is claimed for both Greek and Muslim scholars.
Those are very interesting facts, Seadog. Really appreciate you taking the time to share that with us all.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

17-11-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The 9 of diamonds, the playing card, is sometimes called the Curse of Scotland.
So, from what I am reading here, the number 9 is secretly ruling our world..
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
So, from what I am reading here, the number 9 is secretly ruling our world..

Not ruling mine as I just turn it around to a 6. Alls fair in the numbers game
eyes_of_a_painter
n

17-11-2015, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Not ruling mine as I just turn it around to a 6. Alls fair in the numbers game
Very good andd creative of you..
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:33 AM

It's also the average men's shoe size in Berwick upon Tweed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top