Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Re: Ballroom dancing.

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
you're right RS ... it's a well known fact that sequence dancers always look serious ... it's because we're concentrating on the dance and trying to remember what comes next

Another well known fact is that sequence dancers don't drink for the same reason

Ooops !!! Anybody going the wrong way round the floor will suffer the wrath of the Sequence Dance Police

You look great on the dance floor Myrtle.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
You look great on the dance floor Myrtle.
😂 Thank you Pinocchio😂 xx
Seadog
Bristol Uk
Seadog is male  Seadog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 08:49 AM

I first learned some basic ballroom at 17, and am still at it at 74.
After losing my wife I took up modern sequence, and go to a venue that is mainly singles, so I get to dance with lots of lovely ladies.
It's the most fun you can have standing up with your clothes on!
Sequence has the advantage that it allows a lot of people to dance on a crowded floor without bumping into each other, and the man doesn't have to worry about leading a partner.
My own favourite is Waltz Catherine, danced to the unlikely tune 'Dark Island', by Richard Keeling on keyboard. If you don't know the tune, seek it out and listen to it. It's on his CD titled Rebel Heart, all good dance music.
Likewise, a ballroom waltz danced with a good partner is a joy when there's room on the floor to step out and do your best moves.
No better way to make new friends and keep the old bones and joints moving.
Keep dancing!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:02 AM

Great post Seadog

Another good thing about sequence dancing is that ladies can dance together

I was at a 50/50 dance last night and although I have a dance partner we often split up and dance with other people who are sat out .... luckily I can dance the man's steps in all the social sequence dances (and some of the Modern Sequence) so last night I did the Mayfair Quickstep and Melody Foxtrot with other ladies
Seadog
Bristol Uk
Seadog is male  Seadog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 11:16 PM

Just home from my usual Tuesday night dance on the hottest day of the year.
Exhausted but happy!
Lots of waltz and rumba, skipped the Mayfair quickstep and Carribean calypso for tonight.
Wouldn't miss it whatever the weather.
Keep dancing
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

20-07-2016, 12:13 AM

Hello :039,:

Glad you had a good time Seadog .... I'll be dancing tomorrow afternoon ... luckily the venue has air conditioning ..... people are bound to complain they are too cold
The tired onion
New Member!
S. Wales
The tired onion is male 

27-07-2016, 11:17 PM

I've been ballroom & Latin American dancing for quite a bit now, but taken a leaning to sequence dancing and have a few dozen sequence dances in my repertoire. Favourites being Tango Solaire & Saunter Reve.

I have a private lesson once a week with my dance partner, but that's it. For some reason she's lost interest in going to social dances, so I have to stay at home.

As far as finding a new dance partner - where I live, I may as well be on the moon. There aren't any trained dancers around, and with all due respect, though I'm not a top dancer by any means, a beginner for a dance partner is not an option.

So it's Saturday nights in front of the tv. Good job I've got Sky Sports!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 11:41 AM

I hate and detest all forms of organised regimented dancing !...I never could do it, to me it was, and still is, childish and stupid
I do however enjoy watching the Irish Riverdancing style and Ballet.
I know ballroom dancing is very popular and is also very good exercise and people should do whatever they wish to get their enjoyment of life.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

28-07-2016, 01:25 PM

Hello The tired onion ... could you relocate to live nearer to me please ? .

Tango Solaire and Saunter Reve are Old Time (or Classical as it's now called) ... I don't do Old Time only Modern or social sequence ... but I have a repertoire of at least 150 dances .... I've probably learnt and forgotten another 800 or more !!!

Happy dancing
The tired onion
New Member!
S. Wales
The tired onion is male 

28-07-2016, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hello The tired onion ... could you relocate to live nearer to me please ? .
Macclesfield? Not on your nelly. Putting dancing to one side, Whilst you're near the Peak District National Park, I live near a seaside resort with a lovely parks, and the weather is warmer in the summer than it is up north.

But unfortunately we only have a goat tied to a lamp post for a leisure centre, and some of the tourists from the valleys speak with a funny Welsh accent, mind you.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top