Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Spinone
New Member!
derbyshire
Spinone is male 

29-04-2016, 06:57 AM

Wales

we are thinking of moving to Wales, l am trying to find out what is the wettest place and driest place in Wales.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 08:17 AM

Re: Wales

In my experience it rains everywhere I go in Wales.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 08:27 AM

It depends what sort of region you want to settle in.If you want mountains North Wales is the place, if you want beaches the Gower in South Wales is your place.Mid Wales is for open places.Wishing you a happy move where ever you choose.
By the way if it didn't rain our country wouldn't be so lovely and green
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 09:49 AM

I lived in the Vale of Glamorgan. Very petty. Close to Cardiff and Swansea and of course the Gower coast. Always wet though but on glorious days lovely
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Spinone ->
we are thinking of moving to Wales, l am trying to find out what is the wettest place and driest place in Wales.
Llandudno and Colwyn Bay seem to be in a microcosm, the weather can be atrocious in Snowdonia just up the road but the sun always shines on Llandudno and the Great Orme. That's the place I would go to live if I moved to Wales.
We go every year anyway.....

PS:- See the above avatar......Top of the Great Orme.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:18 AM

The driest place in Wales is inside the Millenium Stadium with the roof over, the wettest is anywhere else outside.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:21 AM

i live in west wales
rowser
United Kingdom Carmarthenshire
rowser is female  rowser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 11:35 AM

I think you need to think about your priorities for future living. The weather is important but not as much as transport needs, entertainment, shopping, community spirit and of course health services etc etc . I wish you all the best with your decisions but--make a list and choose wisely. Welsh areas are diverse but all are wonderful.
I live at the foot of the Black mountain, 40 minutes from Swansea and many beaches, an hour from Cardiff and Brecon. Stresless living at it's best
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
The driest place in Wales is inside the Millenium Stadium with the roof over, the wettest is anywhere else outside.
It's the Principality Stadium not the Millenium Stadium.
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
It's the Principality Stadium not the Millenium Stadium.
Sorry, I have not been in a while, last time it was raining.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top