Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 07:50 PM

ITV 8.00PM Live 2 hour EU debate.

ITV 8.00PM Live 2 hour EU debate.

3 people debating from each side.

The ITV Referendum Debate

Senior politicians appearing to back remaining in the European Union are Angela Eagle and Amber Rudd, representing Britain Stronger In Europe alongside SNP Leader Nicola Sturgeon.

Representing the arguments for leaving the European Union are Boris Johnson, Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart from Vote Leave.

ITV political debates have made broadcasting history - the 2010 ITV Election debate was the first of the campaign, and the ITV Leaders' Debate in 2015 was the first, and only debate to feature seven party leaders. Both were the most watched current affairs programmes in the year they were broadcast.

ITV will broadcast a major live debate ahead of the most significant UK referendum vote in recent history. This two hour debate is the second of ITV's major live event programmes, and will be broadcast live from a London location.

Three senior political figures supporting each side of the argument will have the opportunity to answer questions from members of the studio audience, before the floor is opened up to free flowing debate, moderated by ITV News' Julie Etchingham.

The ITV Referendum Debate will give viewers the chance to see senior politicians engaging directly in debate on the significant issues, ahead of Britain’s critical vote to leave or to remain in the European Union on June 23rd.

PROD CREDITS:
Moderator: Julie Etchingham
Director: David Coleman​
Executive Producer: Alexander Gardiner
Producer: Simon Barnes​
Editor: ​Mike Blair​
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 08:27 PM

Re: ITV 8.00PM Live 2 hour EU debate.

what's on BBC?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:23 PM

I thought the 3 leave candidates erudite and hard hitting. The 3 remain candidates were wishy washy, duplicitous (with regard to Nicola Sturgeon in particular) and downright annoying.

My vote went to the leave by a long ways.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I thought the 3 leave candidates erudite and hard hitting. The 3 remain candidates were wishy washy, duplicitous (with regard to Nicola Sturgeon in particular) and downright annoying.

My vote went to the leave by a long ways.
I would say that the 3 'leave' candidates managed to answer the questions sensibly and consisely.

The 'remain' women resorted to personal attacks, ambiguous statements and were inconsistant.

In other words ... they had either not done their homework or were simply unable to muster anything of substance to put forward.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I would say that the 3 'leave' candidates managed to answer the questions sensibly and consisely.

The 'remain' women resorted to personal attacks, ambiguous statements and were inconsistant.

In other words ... they had either not done their homework or were simply unable to muster anything of substance to put forward.
I really did enjoy the debate Rachel.
I think your wise words pretty much cover my opinion of the debate as well.
Thank you for saving me some time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:41 PM

I thought Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart stood out for me.
They were calm, clear and concise in their delivery.

I found the 'remain' women were quite strident and rather lost me...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:43 PM

I watched Love it or List it, Channel 4.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

09-06-2016, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I thought Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart stood out for me.
They were calm, clear and concise in their delivery.

The remain women were quite strident and rather lost me...
I agree with Meg.
Also, I think the rather insulting remarks from the remain side directed towards Boris Johnston will not have helped their cause.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I watched Love it or List it, Channel 4.
I am sure that will help you to decide your vote Paul
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:49 PM

I know it will.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top