Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:58 PM

Re: ITV 8.00PM Live 2 hour EU debate.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I thought Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart stood out for me.
They were calm, clear and concise in their delivery.
Yep ... cool, calm and well informed

No waffle ... no back-biting.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:22 AM

I haven't seen either the debate on ITV, or Question Time on BBC. I don't watch them because I believe these things are stage-managed and the end result is that you learn nothing that you don't already know. However, I have seen several edited highlights of the debates all of which confirmed my suspicions, particularly the ITV debate.

It seemed to me that the programme had been set up to stitch up Boris Johnson and create a few headlines. Boris was put up against three clever women which put him at a disadvantage. A disadvantage due his Public school upbringing, which would have instilled in him respect and politeness and taught to behave like a gentleman in his dealings with women. Whereas the women were less scrupulous I lost no time in attacking him personally.

It seemed to me that the whole of the debate was aimed at discrediting Boris and therefore undermining the Leave campaign. He was constantly interrupted and barracked I'm not allowed to make his case in a logical manner, I expected better of Amber Rudd and her gang

I thought it ironic that Nicola Sturgeon should be castigating Boris for wanting to leave Europe, when it's only a few months ago she was making the case for Scotland to leave the UK. From what I've seen which, I reiterate it is limited to edited highlights, Boris managed to hold his own.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I haven't seen either the debate on ITV, or Question Time on BBC. I don't watch them because I believe these things are stage-managed and the end result is that you learn nothing that you don't already know. However, I have seen several edited highlights of the debates all of which confirmed my suspicions, particularly the ITV debate.

It seemed to me that the programme had been set up to stitch up Boris Johnson and create a few headlines. Boris was put up against three clever women which put him at a disadvantage. A disadvantage due his Public school upbringing, which would have instilled in him respect and politeness and taught to behave like a gentleman in his dealings with women. Whereas the women were less scrupulous I lost no time in attacking him personally.

It seemed to me that the whole of the debate was aimed at discrediting Boris and therefore undermining the Leave campaign. He was constantly interrupted and barracked I'm not allowed to make his case in a logical manner, I expected better of Amber Rudd and her gang

I thought it ironic that Nicola Sturgeon should be castigating Boris for wanting to leave Europe, when it's only a few months ago she was making the case for Scotland to leave the UK. From what I've seen which, I reiterate it is limited to edited highlights, Boris managed to hold his own.
Yep Rain!
I am still trying to work that one out.
The word hypocrite springs to mind.
Caro
At Home In The UK
Caro is female  Caro has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Good post Rain..I agree with all you have written...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 01:19 PM

If that is the case RM I think it backfired . Had I not been a leave supporter my opinion on the debate would have been the same as that I expressed above about the 'remain' women.

I also felt Boris was 'holding back' to some extent possibly so he could not be accused of being a dominating man with all those women .

thought it ironic that Nicola Sturgeon should be castigating Boris for wanting to leave Europe, when it's only a few months ago she was making the case for Scotland to leave the UK.
What is the logic here .
Scotland under Sturgeon had a referendum to become independent of the rest of the United Kingdom with whom it is so closely tied, yet she wishes to remain part of the large undemocratic block which I feel if it doesn't collapse will become the united states of Europe and a largely unelected dictatorship. It doesn't make sense to me..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 01:20 PM

If that is the case RM I think it backfired . Had I not been a leave supporter my opinion on the debate would have been the same as that I expressed above about the 'remain' women.
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...818#post922818
I also felt Boris was 'holding back' to some extent possibly so he could not be accused of being a dominating man with all those women .

thought it ironic that Nicola Sturgeon should be castigating Boris for wanting to leave Europe, when it's only a few months ago she was making the case for Scotland to leave the UK.
What is the logic here .
Scotland under Sturgeon had a referendum to become independent of the rest of the United Kingdom with whom it is so closely tied, yet she wishes to remain part of the large undemocratic block which I feel if it doesn't collapse will become the united states of Europe and a largely unelected dictatorship. It doesn't make sense to me..
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 01:40 PM

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...818#post922818

What is the logic here .
Logic? There isn't any is there. In the highlights I saw I thing Boris said to her at one stage "so you don't want to be ruled a by Downing Street but you're happy to be ruled by Brussels". I don't think she replied.
In my opinion the whole attack was orchestrated from Downing Street including the business with John Major.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:13 PM

What is the logic here .
The Sturgeon woman irritated the Hell out of me, as did the other two, but that was the final straw .... she's nuts !

What an embarrassment.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:39 PM

Now howay, you cant go picking on Nikolai Sturgeon, lovely lass every word she utters is like manna from heaven.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

11-06-2016, 09:46 AM

I was to late to edit the post. The word in bold should have been and in order to make sense. Sorry to be pedantic but the error is really annoying me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top