Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Re: Bercow to make a Statement at 3.30pm

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry, keep finding out bits and bobs. Apparently prorogation is a prerogative act of the Crown, taken on the advice the Prime Minister. So it looks very much like the Speaker of the House with his decision, has caused an Constitutional Crisis. Well done Bercow!
All because Treacherous May [in her heart] does not want us out of the EU .
Diabolical IMO
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
J Rees Mogg has hada an eye to prorogation for some time now, he mentioned it in reply during a debate some weeks ago.

ETA this beats any TV drama
OMG Meg, I'm getting old! Until today I had never even heard of the word prorogation! Why couldn't they speak ordinary language and just say "closing" and "re-opening" and I wouldn't have had to frantically look up the word and its meaning so I knew what I was even talking about!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1664657]
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The No Deal vote was not binding SG.

The default position now is that we leave in two weekis hs with or without a deal.t

I appreciate the vote on No Deal was not binding Swimmy, but the way I feel now, I just want to leave without a deal then in two weeks time. I am utterly sick to death of the antics that have taken place in that madhouse.
It is shameful and a humiliation.
These are the proceedings of a sovereign parliament. A sovereignty you find it worth to leave the EU for. Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho!
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am not sure about that swimfeeders. Couldn't Article 50 simply be revoked and we don't leave at all. Forget about the whole ridiculous debacle that Brexit has turned out to be.
Yes, parliament could simply revoke Article 50.

Bye-bye, Brexit.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:05 PM

It aint over til the fat lady sings boys! There's a way to go yet and until I actually hear the words from the pygmy saying the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it, Article 50 is revoked. dream on, it just won't happen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:08 PM

OMG Meg, I'm getting old! Until today I had never even heard of the word prorogation! Why couldn't they speak ordinary language and just say "closing" and "re-opening" and I wouldn't have had to frantically look up the word and its meaning so I knew what I was even talking about!
I don't think it will be used though SG because it means any bills going through Parliament this session will be lost.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Yes, parliament could simply revoke Article 50.

Bye-bye, Brexit.
The could revoke it ..........and then invoke it a day later!!

Two more years of Mayhem!

Makes a No Deal look very appealing,lol!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Solasch;1664666]

These are the proceedings of a sovereign parliament. A sovereignty you find it worth to leave the EU for. Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho!

You have no idea what you are talking about.

These proceedings are nothing to do with the EU.

Your not making any sense! ( as usual)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-03-2019, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Solasch;1664666]

You have every right to mock them Solasch, I will not criticise. Our Parliament is a sick joke, a national disgrace and the people (both Leavers and Remain who fully respect democracy) must be in despair at what is going on in there.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think it will be used though SG because it means any bills going through Parliament this session will be lost.
Including those two wherein may's deal was voted down? Meaning a clean slate for her deal?

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top