Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

04-06-2020, 06:24 AM

Favorite Television

My preferred television shows have always been the episodic anthology.. such as Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories or Outer Limits. I welcome the recent reboots of these classics to bring them up to present day.

My other likes are the Brit comedies of the 70s.. Some Mothers, Open All Hours and On the Buses.

What are your preferred television shows?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:15 AM

Re: Favorite Television

Lots of great stuff on STAN. "Ray Donovan", "True Detective".."The Sopranos" .."Breaking Bad" and "Ozark" are some of our faves. We are watching "Weeds" again at the moment. Great show. Like Brit comedy but more the more recent ones. The Young Ones, Ab Fab and of course Fawlty Towers. Seinfeld and Frasier up there.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:12 AM

I've seen all episodes of..

Dad's Army
Fawlty Towers
Father Ted.
Not going out.
The IT Crowd.

..a good number of times but still watch them whenever they are repeated. Just favourites and always will be I suppose.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:42 PM

My TV preference is unplug the pesky thing and unwind to some favourite music.
For me this will mean picking up my Ibanez, making sure everything is plugged in and than after a swift tune, get stuck into some serious picking :yes:
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 04:02 PM

Nature programs, some factual programs like Grand Designs & programs about Archeology.
Eastenders, though why I don't know, but I have been watching that from the first episode.
Costume Drama, love those. Any antique/collectable type programs.
I enjoyed the pottery, cookery & art programs with contestants striving to be the best.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 06:56 AM

" By the Sword Divided " a BBC production set during The English Civil War. I think it was shown on Sunday evenings.

I've got to mention " Ace of Wands " an eerie psychic drama for kid's TV. There's not much left now, many of the episodes seem to have been lost/wiped forever.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

05-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Speaking of archaeology Tiffany, reckon I watched most of the last decade of Time Team with Tony Robinson. This little bloke has an inexhaustible thirst for work? He has also made several series in my country. I am also bit of a devotee of ancient civilization docos.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

05-06-2020, 11:08 AM

Westender lost episodes of 60/70s Brit shows seems to be quite a common thing. Whenever I look for episodes of these oldies am told that the BBC or some other production house had lost them or deleted them for some unknown reason.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Speaking of archaeology Tiffany, reckon I watched most of the last decade of Time Team with Tony Robinson. This little bloke has an inexhaustible thirst for work? He has also made several series in my country. I am also bit of a devotee of ancient civilization docos.
I love Time Team & still watch all the repeats Tony Robinson was a good presenter, I always have liked him in all he did. My favourite archeologist was Matt, I thought he was gorgeous.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault (1).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	12857  
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Westender lost episodes of 60/70s Brit shows seems to be quite a common thing. Whenever I look for episodes of these oldies am told that the BBC or some other production house had lost them or deleted them for some unknown reason.
I can only suppose that at the time, some of those low budget episodes weren't considered worthy of saving, mores the pity. Still, who knows what gems might yet emerge from the vaults of the BBC.
We live in hope!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top