Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:01 AM

Re: track and trace is a joke

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That is simply not going to happen here in the UK.

Money talks.
It does at the pub garden I go to. There is a QR code to scan at the perimeter of the garden (and hand sanitiser to use) or a bit of paper to sign once at a table, although I have to say that the management isn't as fussy as it was when the restriction of not opening at all was first lifted. I still scan the code but the bits of paper to sign aren't always there.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

28-06-2021, 08:03 AM

Sorry, but I’m totally lost here. Is track and trace something to do with Covid?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Sorry, but I’m totally lost here. Is track and trace something to do with Covid?
Yes Ullabi...mostly for hospitality. Its so they can trace everyone who was there if a customer tests positive for Covid. But I think the person has to actually tell the pub/cafe/restaurant that they have tested positive, otherwise its all a waste of time.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:09 AM

When my Son-in-Law was informed of the situation at his works that several colleagues had proved positive with Covid 19, his work place informed the necessary authorities and that is how he was informed via his mobile. The same happened to my Daughter but obviously she had to quarantine for 14 days before returning to work because of her Husband. She still caught the virus whether from work environment or home but the service did take their home phone numbers as well.
Lots of people still do not use a mobile or a PC so if Home Phone Numbers are not taken it is obvious some areas are not doing their job correctly, putting people at risk. My Twin Son caught the Covid 19 and being a Bus Driver his risks were higher, that was before Xmas and he is still not been passed fit to work, although does not class himself as sick either, just not himself yet.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

28-06-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes Ullabi...mostly for hospitality. Its so they can trace everyone who was there if a customer tests positive for Covid. But I think the person has to actually tell the pub/cafe/restaurant that they have tested positive, otherwise its all a waste of time.

OK thanks Pixie. I can see the idea behind the scheme, but as you say if a person doesn’t say where they’ve been then the whole system collapses.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think the idea is that if someone tests positive, they will naturally be asked where they have been. If they say they visited a particular place, then it would be handy to know who else was there at the time of the infected person's visit. If the code has been scanned or the bit of paper signed (land line or mobile phone number written down), then they would be able to track and trace others who were there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:08 AM

scanned what with if you don't have a mobile phone, so what is the point of a QR code. Yet another big idea that is a total failure.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

28-06-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
scanned what with if you don't have a mobile phone, so what is the point of a QR code. Yet another big idea that is a total failure.
You ignored the bit if paper part but you are partially right, I'm not sure how well various establishments carry that out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:36 AM

Perhaps I should clarify the success of track and trace is due to compliance.

In NSW all businesses must obtain a QR code from the state government to work with their app they must also provide a signing in mechanism for people without phones or the app.

I think people have just got used to using the system and I can't understand why it is a problem in the UK it is simple to use and is an easy habit to get used to. It definitely isn't a joke and is essential for the elimination/containment of the virus. it works well.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/trans...vid-safe-check
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps I should clarify the success of track and trace is due to compliance.

In NSW all businesses must obtain a QR code from the state government to work with their app they must also provide a signing in mechanism for people without phones or the app.

I think people have just got used to using the system and I can't understand why it is a problem in the UK it is simple to use and is an easy habit to get used to. It definitely isn't a joke and is essential for the elimination/containment of the virus. it works well.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/trans...vid-safe-check
Ack its the mentality of some people. They think they are handing over their personal data and its an invasion of privacy, etc

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top