Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Re: track and trace is a joke

Bruce
Try using it without a mobile phone then, why should I spend hundreds of £ buying a mobil phone costing a fortune each month so I can use it only on QR codes say even once a day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
OK thanks Pixie. I can see the idea behind the scheme, but as you say if a person doesn’t say where they’ve been then the whole system collapses.
Hi

Nope, you need to turn off your phone completely, if it is on, it will be tracked.

Don't want to be tracked, remove the battery.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ack its the mentality of some people. They think they are handing over their personal data and its an invasion of privacy, etc
I wonder how they would cope if their name, address and phone number appeared in a public document like a...

...phone book? Shock, Horror!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, you need to turn off your phone completely, if it is on, it will be tracked.

Don't want to be tracked, remove the battery.
You could also switch off your location, in settings.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Bruce
Try using it without a mobile phone then, why should I spend hundreds of £ buying a mobil phone costing a fortune each month so I can use it only on QR codes say even once a day.
You don't need a mobile phone, the venue must provide a sign in method for people without a phone, including entering the details for them. It really isn't complicated.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/trans...vid-safe-check
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wonder how they would cope if their name, address and phone number appeared in a public document like a...

...phone book? Shock, Horror!
Do you guys still have them?! We don't....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

28-06-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Do you guys still have them?! We don't....
Does anybody? It's all on line - even more public.

https://whitepages.co.com/uk/
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Does anybody? It's all on line - even more public.

https://whitepages.co.com/uk/
ALL ON LINE Bruce ??
So how can a phoneless, computerless person register then?
Unless you you still employ postmen ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:35 AM

Bruce
You don't have to buy a phone realspeed, but the QR codes come in quite handy for the umpteen millions that do have a smartphone....Not everyone has a car, but they make life easier for the ones that do have one...

Incidentally I don't have a smartphone either, but I just leave my name and number in any establishment that asks for it..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 11:41 AM

What good is this for people like me who don't have a mobile phone or a very old one that doesn't have text on it? I ask how are they gong to contact me/us? by Royal Mail?
If they want to do track and trace first they should give out the means they can contact us by.

I have an old phone r.s.

They took my email address.

When I posted that money abroad ,the post office gave me a number to track and trace on my I pad.

He told me, they got the sweets I sent, but they never got the money.

I think they were scammers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top