Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 01:10 PM

Re: Do you like

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I always look for humour in almost everything, life’s too short to be miserable

So do I Primus...can’t see the point of seeing the negative.

Each to their own though.

I trod on my glasses yesterday, got cross for a minute, there all crooked, so new glasses for me next week after my eye test...

So something good is coming out of that...mind you..I’ll have to pay up,...the funny thing is, I’ve been meaning to go for an eye test, plus fancied new glasses,...looking for brown frames next Thursday..instead of black, which I have at the moment.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Husband is a natural joker but not always funny of course.. but guess over the years I have picked some of that up. Had reason to be more serious but try not to now. I do find I get people confused at times when I'm being silly and the person just does not see that....Good on you Pauline, people often can laugh with you or at you..no matter..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Husband is a natural joker but not always funny of course.. but guess over the years I have picked some of that up. Had reason to be more serious but try not to now. I do find I get people confused at times when I'm being silly and the person just does not see that....Good on you Pauline, people often can laugh with you or at you..no matter..
Dianne....my middle son many years ago, placed a recorder at the back of my toilet, unbeknown to me,

I had terrible wind at times, so he took it upon himself to record the noise in the toilet, played it to his friends, then played it back to me,😂🤣😅....his mother’s sick sense of humour.

I have also used the good old “ whoopee cushion “ on a number of occasions,😂🤣😅....works best on those with zero humour..😂🤣😅
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The thing is carol....my friend and I have a “ sick” sense of humour, you either get us or you don’t.
So - letting a dog poop on a bus is funny?

When you'd finished laughing I hope you cleaned it all up!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
So - letting a dog poop on a bus is funny?

When you'd finished laughing I hope you cleaned it all up!!
Have to admit, anything related to toilet/poo humour doesn't do it for me.

Not criticising anyone who does find it funny though. People are just different.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Have to admit, anything related to toilet/poo humour doesn't do it for me.

Not criticising anyone who does find it funny though. People are just different.
Same here...also comedians who swear, or use sexual innuendo. That gets annoying after a while...I loathed Billy Connelly for his swearing, not funny at all.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Same here...also comedians who swear, or use sexual innuendo. That gets annoying after a while...I loathed Billy Connelly for his swearing, not funny at all.
Not too bothered by swearing, providing it "adds" something to the humour.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:31 PM

But it doesn't though, in my opinion. Swearing just makes me think the person can't be funny enough on their own.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 03:43 PM

I can be a joker when I want to be.

I used to have a friend who was always going in for competitions. One time she entered a competition - something to do with the promotion of bananas.

I typed a letter out supposedly from the headquarters of 'The Banana Federation' & told he she'd won a special runner up prize & a representative of the company would be coming to her house to present her with a prize.

The stipulation was that when he came to give her the prize she must have a bunch of bananas hanging in every window of the house.

She went round all the greengrocers & supermarkets to find the cheapest price and finally decided to have 3 bananas in each window. This came to about 30 bananas in total.

She told me she'd hung them in her window in readiness for his visit the next day.

OMG - this was going too far!!

I never thought she's fall for it but she did.

I had to come clean & confess it was a joke. I also bought half the bananas off her.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

28-06-2021, 03:45 PM

Carol!! That is hilarious! I never knew you were such a little devil! Haha!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top