Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 01:57 PM

Easily Fooled.

Have you been easily fooled by some people?

Some areas I believe I would never be fooled, other areas I guess my emotions take over,..

Some people are “ extremely “ clever at getting what they want?

I sent money abroad once, I seriously thought they were poor, he said he had no food ,so I sent £40 recorded delivery, plus sweets, they got the sweets, but said they never got the money...

I should have stuffed the money in with the sweets, as the recorded delivery is pretty obvious some money was in there...I wonder if the authorities stole it.....

I can’t remember the country I sent it to....it cost a lot to send it as well.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Re: Easily Fooled.

Have made some bad investments at times. Listened to the hype, done due diligence and rolled the dice, and lost.

But not been conned in the way you seem to have been.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Pauline, If anybody asks you to send money ... Dont trust them!

That is the only advice I can give you because on most cases it is a scam!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Yep. We've discussed scammers at times and how we deal with them.

Had one call the other week, and since I was bored I thought I'd hurl some abuse at him. He complained about my language and attitude, seemingly forgetting that he was the nasty, scheming crook here.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Yes, my son told me that.

I had a phone call a while back, she told me that someone had taken over £500 out of my account, they even had a recorded voice saying this is a fraud investigation.

She asked me for my bank number.....I let her go on, then said, wouldn’t you know my account number if you’re telling me they have taken this money out of my account, then just said you nasty scammer, put the phone down.

These poor vulnerable elderly people that they try and scam.

I don’t know how they can sleep at night.

No conscience I guess...
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 02:21 PM

When we moved back home to the UK from Aussie, we sent most of our possessions via air freight. I'd say about 25% of our possessions were missing when the boxes arrived a couple of weeks after us, but they had been replaced with other items!

I lodged a claim for £3,200-odd. I told the insurance guy about all the items which didn't belong to us. He filled out the forms and I signed them.

I think it was about a month later when the insurance paid out. I was most surprised that the insurance paid out in full without any further questions at all! Furthermore, the amount was enough to replace old items with new, with some money left over!

However, some of my best artworks from over past decades were all gone. I'm still gutted about this. What an idiot I was - I could have carried it all with me!

I don't think the authorities are directly responsible, it is a minority of the people who work for them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-06-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
When we moved back home to the UK from Aussie, we sent most of our possessions via air freight. I'd say about 25% of our possessions were missing when the boxes arrived a couple of weeks after us, but they had been replaced with other items!

I lodged a claim for £3,200-odd. I told the insurance guy about all the items which didn't belong to us. He filled out the forms and I signed them.

I think it was about a month later when the insurance paid out. I was most surprised that the insurance paid out in full without any further questions at all! Furthermore, the amount was enough to replace old items with new, with some money left over!

However, some of my best artworks from over past decades was all gone. I'm still gutted about this. What an idiot I was - I could have carried it all with me!

I don't think the authorities are directly responsible, it is a minority of the people who work for them.

I think you are right,UGC, it’s those who work for them.

Saw a little of your art on your profile page, the nude that you airbrushed...plus was it a 3 D head?..with those pop out eyes?

Never knew you were an artist...Muddy is our artist on here, check out her art.

Maybe you can start a thread ,so you too can show us your artwork?
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you are right,UGC, it’s those who work for them.

Saw a little of your art on your profile page, the nude that you airbrushed...plus was it a 3 D head?..with those pop out eyes?

Never knew you were an artist...Muddy is our artist on here, check out her art.

Maybe you can start a thread ,so you too can show us your artwork?
Yes, I've looked at some of Muddy's work - absolutely brilliant stuff! She's currently developing a picture of a collie in the Photos and Art section. Check it out!

The 3D head is an airbrush painting of a plasticine model I made. There are about 20 of them sat on a plate on my desk - all staring at me as if saying "choose me next"! LOL!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-06-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Yes, I've looked at some of Muddy's work - absolutely brilliant stuff! She's currently developing a picture of a collie in the Photos and Art section. Check it out!

The 3D head is an airbrush painting of a plasticine model I made. There are about 20 of them sat on a plate on my desk - all staring at me as if saying "choose me next"! LOL!

...have you shared any more of your art?

Please do, if you haven’t, would love to see it...
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Thanks, Pauline. Was going to do this over the weekend but I was too busy. Will definitely get around to it soon!

However, I think it may be some time before I produce anything like Muddy's genre. Most of mine is going to be commercial game art for some time to come - yaawwwn!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top