Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 10:59 AM

Re: Getting involved

Family issues started in my close family it was so upsetting all I could do was listen and support I decided not to become involved and had to keep my own feelings and thoughts out of it . It's still ongoing and still upsetting and I'm still listening but in the end it's down to those connected to sort it out . Life is hard enough as it is and I am distancing myself to protect myself as time goes on

My mum used to say familiarity breeds contempt I never understood its meaning as a young person ....I do now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:08 AM

If I can help somebody, I will, but I won’t interfere and tell them what to do - that is for that person to decide.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:18 AM

Unless immediate family NEVER get involved.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:34 AM

Depends on what people ask you to do or want to do and I'm quite happy with that as a rule.. But "getting involved" is a whole different matter.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:38 AM

Neither myself or Husband would interfere with close family issues unless it was something vital and it seemed it was really needed.
My daughter was once in the position of a terrible upset with her Husband and really felt we wanted to sort him out good and truly, over our feelings for what he had done though. She is a very strong minded individual and knew though once the sobbing stopped and her heart did not rule her head, she would want to take control of her own decisions. She laid down new ground rules and it was to be followed or was going to be the finish of them as a couple.
All has been good between them for a few years since.
Now her twin Brother has turned to us for help on a number of occasions and we have helped out but honestly trode very very carefully. We think there is a lot of difference between interfering and assistance but it still can blow up in your face, surely also depends on the individual's personality. Our twins are very much of chalk & cheese.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Also if it’s a family member, would you involve yourself ,if asked?
Hi Pauline - close family member - Yes I'd get involved if asked.

Maybe close friends too but never if I'm not asked.

I tend to leap in with practical help & leave them to sort the emotional problem out themselves..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:00 PM

Hi

It depends what it is.

If I see someone being abused, of course I will get involved, otherwise, No.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:02 PM

A quick tale. The three wise monkeys can be made to relate to "hear nothing, see , nothing" . Wise courses of action at times.
However there is a fourth monkey. The fourth monkey is never around, so he never can be accused of hearing , seeing or communicating with the other three. ( The deaf see, the blind hear and the dumb can write. ) . Be the fourth monkey and choose your company.

I can’t remember where that came from.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
A quick tale. The three wise monkeys can be made to relate to "hear nothing, see , nothing" . Wise courses of action at times.
However there is a fourth monkey. The fourth monkey is never around, so he never can be accused of hearing , seeing or communicating with the other three. ( The deaf see, the blind hear and the dumb can write. ) . Be the fourth monkey and choose your company.

I can’t remember where that came from.

I like that Vlad.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I like that Vlad.
You and I Mups

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top