Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Re: Cleaning Stuff

Plenty of bleach and anti-bac are my cleaning products of choice for sinks, toilets, floors and surfaces.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Plenty of bleach and anti-bac are my cleaning products of choice for sinks, toilets, floors and surfaces.
My choice too. I love bug busters.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-06-2012, 09:10 AM

I like a place to be clean, but not too clean! Apparently some people go OTT in the cleaning department and their kids are not being properly exposed to germs and dirt and are unable to build up an immunity to infections, especially as so few of them play outside these days!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 04:37 PM

I am sure there is some truth in that Willow. An aunt from my husband's side of the family was fond of saying that you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die. She also said she had been told on good authority by her doctor that she couldn't bring kids up properly and keep a clean house as well. That was all the excuse she needed and we suspected she stopped doing much cleaning up after that.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

16-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am sure there is some truth in that Willow. An aunt from my husband's side of the family was fond of saying that you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die. She also said she had been told on good authority by her doctor that she couldn't bring kids up properly and keep a clean house as well. That was all the excuse she needed and we suspected she stopped doing much cleaning up after that.
Oh dear!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
I put a drop of bleach and bio soap powder in the water for my floor and for washing the paint work. this gives of a nice smell and is good with grease.

I use bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste with beach, brush in the tile grout leave for a while and wash off. this is good to bring the white back to the grout.

You need to be careful with leather Mollie, some products can cause stains on leather. Do an area you cannot see first.
I use this too Shaz and put it on with an old soft toothbrush
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I use this too Shaz and put it on with an old soft toothbrush
I also use a toothbrush Meg, they come in handy for cleaning. I use a toothbrush to clean the filter in the bagless hoover.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top