Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Value for money (window cleaning)

Years ago I had a widow cleaner who cleaned the upstairs windows for £8 a month. He then employed a young assistant who broke my guttering with his ladder so I dispensed with his services.

Finding it difficult these days to clean my upstairs windows I asked the window cleaner (the same one now as before now showing signs of age like me) how much he would charge to clean my upstairs windows fully expecting to be charged an increased sum. His reply, £5 a month now that I call a bargain.

No more having to to risk live and limb to scramble onto the garage roof to clean the landing window . I am a happy woman tonight

Do you have a window cleaner, how much do you pay?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Re: Value for money (window cleaning)

Hi Meg, I'm 78 and still go up a ladder to clean the upstairs windows but I must admit that I'm not comfortable about it. Probable I won't do it for much longer.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 06:45 PM

My window cleaner calls every 5-6 weeks and he cleans the upstairs and downstairs double bay windows for £5 .... I think that's a bargain these days He will also clear out the guttering at the same time for £2 extra.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 06:53 PM

That's certainly a bargain Meg, zero inflation is pretty hard to beat...

We've got quite a lot of glass because of the conservatory and we pay £12 a month for upstairs and down. I still do the insides but I wouldn't even consider going up a ladder these days even though I could, what price a broken leg or neck eh....
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 06:58 PM

I have not had a window cleaner for about 20 years. I had a big black labrador dog. who used to go mad when the window cleaner was around. He stopped coming. OH cleans them now and the frames at the same time. I help by holding the ladder, and helping with the ground floor windows.

Though one time he put the ladder up, a gust of wind blew it over right through next doors window. Now that was a dear do, cost us to put a new one in. So he is now very careful with the ladder.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:10 PM

It costs me £3.20. fortnightly, for both up and down, plus a cup of coffee or a glass of juice depending on the weather and some fresh soapy water. A chat with my husband about football and a gossip about some of the neighbours.
Be careful about what you let the window cleaner see.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 09:44 PM

I live in a bungalow and have a window cleaner for the front windows. He does 2 large bedroom windows, bathroom window, 2 glass panels in front door, wipes all frames and front door all for £2.50 a month-he does a very good job as well! I clean my two windows at the back myself.....
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 11:58 PM

I live in a bungalow so do the windows myself but how on earth can anybody make a living cleaning windows for £5 a time ??
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I live in a bungalow so do the windows myself but how on earth can anybody make a living cleaning windows for £5 a time ??
Easy just 20 houses a day at £5 a time would earn the window cleaner £100 a day! I feel sure that most window cleaners would do more than 20 houses a day too!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Never had a window cleaner I have always cleaned the windows which took ages and drove me insane, Now, we have a Karcher window cleaner and I can do the whole house outside,16 windows, on one charge and it only takes 20minutes, they are a brilliant device.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top