Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dalesman2
lancashire
Dalesman2 is male  Dalesman2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:43 PM

Re: Value for money (window cleaning)

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Easy just 20 houses a day at £5 a time would earn the window cleaner £100 a day! I feel sure that most window cleaners would do more than 20 houses a day too!
Not quite so easy Mags.

At a fiver a month he would need over 1000 regular customers cleaning 20 of them every day to earn £100 a day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:55 PM

My husband is unable to climb ladders any more due to leg problems and I would no longer risk climbing a ladder above ground floor height now, so a window cleaner is a must for us.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dalesman2 ->
Not quite so easy Mags.

At a fiver a month he would need over 1000 regular customers cleaning 20 of them every day to earn £100 a day
You're absolutely correct Dalesman, he would need a big customer list. I was working on my own window cleaner who calls every 5 weeks and assumed he had a turnover of clients for that period.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 03:01 PM

Hubby has bought a Karcher too Bob and he loves it ..but we haven't dispensed with our window cleaner (loyalty really and he is such a nice guy)...we only have the front windows and porch done and he always wipes the paintwork too, £3 a fortnight.
The Karcher is used on all other windows, inside and out and is brilliant on the patio doors and shower screen.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Never had a window cleaner I have always cleaned the windows which took ages and drove me insane, Now, we have a Karcher window cleaner and I can do the whole house outside,16 windows, on one charge and it only takes 20minutes, they are a brilliant device.
My OH has always done the outside and i do the inside, never had a window cleaner either.

We invested in a a Karcher and its amazing OH loves it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 11:00 PM

If I had know it was such a reasonable price I would have had a cleaner before instead of having the trauma of standing on a stool and squeezing through the window on the landing onto another stool on the garage roof to clean the landing window

Never heard of a Kercher but I have looked them up and wish I had seen them before

Which version of the Kercher does everyone have, is it this one..
Karcher WV50 Cordless Window Vac PLUS 170mm Suction Head
Dalesman2
lancashire
Dalesman2 is male  Dalesman2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If I had know it was such a reasonable price I would have had a cleaner before instead of having the trauma of standing on a stool and squeezing through the window on the landing onto another stool on the garage roof to clean the landing window

Never heard of a Kercher but I have looked them up and wish I had seen them before

Which version of the Kercher does everyone have, is it this one..
Karcher WV50 Cordless Window Vac PLUS 170mm Suction Head
Now your getting technical Meg
jon
England
jon is male  jon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2012, 11:20 AM

Used to have a window cleaner at the last house , he charged £8 but because i had a side gate to get to the garden he couldnt do the back ones , more often than not id forget to unlock it .. so only cleaned 5 windows & a door , when i asked him to wipe the cills down he said thats extra & he would do then in less than 5 mins mmm ,

its then i thought hes taking the micky now !! , i have to clean the back ones off the ladder did i really need this chap lol , so told him to sling his hook ... the bedroom window over the conservatory was the worst to clean ( although i said he wasnt allowed to do that one cus he was a heavy bloke lol ) i used to have to lay a plank on the roof & walk on it

dont do that now im in a bungalow & i brought a karcher window cleaner , thats good it dont smear the windows , know one else bothers in the cu-de-sac though , but i like to see clean windows & cills
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 09:49 AM

the window cleaner i had charged £10 but he didnt do a very good job as he was always leaving smears over the windows...now i do them myself i have a long handled squeegy mop

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-73860...1737175&sr=1-1

i can now clean upstairs without hanging out the window and downstairs i dont need a ladder to reach...
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2012, 12:12 AM

I could do with one of those. I have a window cleaner and he cleans my front windows fortnightly for £3.50. Sadly, because of my severely over-grown back garden, he can't get into the back any longer but, when he did, he charged £4.50 in total for all eight windows.

I could do with a telescope thingy to clean my inside windows as I can no longer manage those, so I'll keep on the look-out for one.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top