Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 11:31 AM

The fishing war begins ??

Widely reported yesterday in the DE , the DT, and european
journals as well?
It seems the French fishermen are getting impatient with the pace
at which UK is issueing licences to French boats to continue fishing
in British coastal waters ?And have set up blockades in Boulogne
fish market to stop British lorries from delivering their fish to the
market, displaying signs that read " you want your waters, keep your
fish as well" !!
Some of them say they haven't caught a fish since January when
the rules changed with Boris's so called deal ?
They have tried fishing their own waters but there are not enough
fish to be worth while ?? Well who's fault is that ??
I hope Boris is girding up his loins for a fight !! Because these cocky
froggies need to be taught a lesson ??
Perhaps we should use some of the covid money he is splashing
around to purchase a meaningful amount of suitable fishery patrol
vessels ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 01:03 PM

Re: The fishing war begins ??

Two trucks?
Just ......... two UK trucks?

Okay so it has the potential to get bigger and to turn nasty but really?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Widely reported yesterday in the DE , the DT, and european
journals as well?
It seems the French fishermen are getting impatient with the pace
at which UK is issueing licences to French boats to continue fishing
in British coastal waters ?And have set up blockades in Boulogne
fish market to stop British lorries from delivering their fish to the
market, displaying signs that read " you want your waters, keep your
fish as well" !!
Some of them say they haven't caught a fish since January when
the rules changed with Boris's so called deal ?
They have tried fishing their own waters but there are not enough
fish to be worth while ?? Well who's fault is that ??
I hope Boris is girding up his loins for a fight !! Because these cocky
froggies need to be taught a lesson ??
Perhaps we should use some of the covid money he is splashing
around to purchase a meaningful amount of suitable fishery patrol
vessels
??
I agree. We need protection for our fishing areas, which the Frogs now seem to think that they own, and our coastline, which the locusts seem to think is legally accessible.

It is high time that the government began thinking of Britain first and everyone else second. I remember the 'I'm backing Britain' and 'Buy British' messages that were once commonplace. We need to do that again.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. We need protection for our fishing areas, which the Frogs now seem to think that they own, and our coastline, which the locusts seem to think is legally accessible.

It is high time that the government began thinking of Britain first and everyone else second. I remember the 'I'm backing Britain' and 'Buy British' messages that were once commonplace. We need to do that again.
What JBR said ^^^
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I agree with that.

The problem is that propaganda over decades has eroded quite a bit of identity especially in our younger generations so that even Saint George's Day goes without a mention in much of our media.
(As a thread elsewhere very clearly makes evident.)
Whether we can once again make all our nations proud of being who we are and encourage a resurgence in putting our countries and nation first only time will tell.

One positive is that the EU aren't exactly making it difficult to be patriotic with the way they are acting these days.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Two trucks?
Just ......... two UK trucks?

Okay so it has the potential to get bigger and to turn nasty but really?
Yes , apparently the other trucks diverted to Belgium and Holland
in time, so the frogs seem to have deprived themselves of fish ??
Now where have l heard that story before ??
The bonfires were only to keep the frogs warm !!
But it's good to see that " DEFRA" are beginning to apply some rules
at last ??
Long may it continue ??
Watch this space !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 03:04 PM

I've been reading about this as it's being quite widely reported in today's newspapers (but not on TV or BBC radio of course). The Frog fishermen are up in arms because they haven't been issued with the licenses they applied for back in January.

DEFRA HAS issued licenses but only to those trawler owners that have digital proof their boats have fished in our waters over the past 5 years (these are part of the new requirements needed to apply for a license apparently). The 80 or so Frog boat owners that are causing grief have not been able to supply this digital proof to DEFRA so no licenses can be issued to them. Fairy Nuff, says I, we're applying the new rules just like the EU is applying the new rules.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-04-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've been reading about this as it's being quite widely reported in today's newspapers (but not on TV or BBC radio of course). The Frog fishermen are up in arms because they haven't been issued with the licenses they applied for back in January.

DEFRA HAS issued licenses but only to those trawler owners that have digital proof their boats have fished in our waters over the past 5 years (these are part of the new requirements needed to apply for a license apparently). The 80 or so Frog boat owners that are causing grief have not been able to supply this digital proof to DEFRA so no licenses can be issued to them. Fairy Nuff, says I, we're applying the new rules just like the EU is applying the new rules.
Oh ! l see Percy, so these frogs protesting could be any common or
garden frog? And not a bone fide salt water frog ??
I wonder how long this has been going on then ?
No wonder that their own waters are lacking fish if they let every
Toomas , Ricardo, or garçon go fishing !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK

23-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Apparently the "huge blockade" was over by lunchtime today anyway, "hours before EU regulators approved 100 million euros ($120.52 million) in French aid for the country's fisheries industry." says Reuters.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Apparently the "huge blockade" was over by lunchtime today anyway, "hours before EU regulators approved 100 million euros ($120.52 million) in French aid for the country's fisheries industry." says Reuters.
I'd cry for them if I wasn't rolling on the floor killing myself laughing over this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top