Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 12:08 PM

Re: Amateur photography : Hints & Tips

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
You've made a good job of that, mart. Stan Ogden has come out particularly well, I thought.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:14 PM

I can't remember who the people were but the daughter asked me to see what could be done with the photo of her Mum and Dad. People come in all shapes and sizes. Shouldn't really take the mick. Might have been a reason for it.

I was given permission to put the photo on my website that I had at the time, so I thought it should be OK to show here as an example. A section of the site was on photo restoration.

Here's a chap who I know would be OK about comment. It's my Dad..

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Shouldn't really take the mick.
Sometimes it would be a crime not to.

The only comment I would make is that he looks a fine figure of a man, mart.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:25 PM

You have done a lovely job of that, Mart! Well done I admire the technical ability of those that can recolour old photos. Personally though, I do prefer the original, with all its creases. Its precious.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Just tried to have a look at that d00d, the domain is parked on Godaddy.

Eta found it on getpaint.net
Yep, getpaint.net is the place, it's free, but the MS Store are charging for it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Just tried to have a look at that d00d, the domain is parked on Godaddy.

Yes, It's confusing .... paint.net sounds like a website, a domain. But it's a freeware raster graphics editor program for Microsoft Windows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.net
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Minx lets hope that PM works so you get to know the editing suite. Later versions do a lot more such as version 2021 but at least it may give you a start
Yes realspeed! It will be nice to play around
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 05:26 PM

I can't remember who the people were but the daughter asked me to see what could be done with the photo of her Mum and Dad. People come in all shapes and sizes. Shouldn't really take the mick. Might have been a reason for it.

I was given permission to put the photo on my website that I had at the time, so I thought it should be OK to show here as an example. A section of the site was on photo restoration.

That’s excellent Mart. I like both
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 11:17 PM

Minx, with all your shots, the subject is placed exactly in the middle of the frame.

When cropping try placing the subject in one third of the frame. Wherever possible make sure the subject is looking/flying/turning/walking into the frame.

It's a small thing that has a big impact.

Truly! Try it and see.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Minx, with all your shots, the subject is placed exactly in the middle of the frame.

When cropping try placing the subject in one third of the frame. Wherever possible make sure the subject is looking/flying/turning/walking into the frame.

It's a small thing that has a big impact.

Truly! Try it and see.
Thank you for the awesome tip PB

We’re in lockdown but I’m hoping to drive out to the Bird sanctuary in Merivale next Saturday morning. I can’t wait to practice AND be out and about in nature.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top