Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:19 PM

Re: It’s vaccine time baby… Part 2

Originally Posted by d00d ->
So I've just googled first world countries, and lots of maps like this appear.

Ok, ok, I get your point but When it comes to the vaccination program, it gone south …
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:43 PM

With a sloppy left wing government or with the EU holding us back, the UK could have easily been ranked third world when talking vaccinations. But thankfully Boris ordered loads back in the early days.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:47 PM

With a sloppy left wing government or with the EU holding us back, the UK could have easily been ranked third world when talking vaccinations. But thankfully Boris ordered loads back in the early days.
It’s called foresight or someone told him to stop playing with parachutes and get on with it
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
It’s called foresight or someone told him to stop playing with parachutes and get on with it
You haven't heard all the facebook conspiracy theories then?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

26-07-2021, 08:58 PM

You haven't heard all the facebook conspiracy theories then?
Not another conspiracy! Do tell DooD
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:39 PM

Actually it was hancock. Apparently because he had watched the movie Contagion. Amazing Bj gets credit.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:58 PM

I queued for two minutes, filled the form, queued for another two minutes, got jabbed, sat around for another 15 minutes.

This was done at a local community centre. I'm surprised to hear some had it done at a clinic, healthcentre.
Most of the patients at our health centre had both done there, the 50's & over anyway, don't know about the younger ones.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:02 PM

My first was at a GP surgery the second at a health centre. They are doing them everywhere though. Football stadiums mobile vans etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:41 PM

I discovered recently that my youngest son (in his early 30s) has had a both shots of Pfizer because he is part of the Covid Response team (that might not be the right name) in the military.

He was sent to the Victorian border for a few weeks about a year ago to stop them pesky Mexicans entering the beautiful state of NSW during their 2nd lockdown. Since then he thought he would be guarding hotel quarantine sites but has done none of that and is currently working from home in Sydney doing a full shift on his supplied computer and phone (I have no idea doing what).

My other kids in the military and Defence in the ACT are not vaccinated at all yet.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:03 AM

So I've just googled first world countries, and lots of maps like this appear.

I think some of those SE Asian countries coloured green on that map would be surprised to hear that they were third world.

Australia's vaccine roll out is definitely third world with the Federal Government having stuffed it up right from the start.

The country is awash with AstraZeneca which no one wants. Or rather that was true until this latest outbreak where half the population is under lockdown and eight people have died.

Suddenly the demand for vaccinations has gone up and even young people are seeking the AZ shot.

Personally I think it is a disgrace that some over 60s were holding out for the Pfizer shot which would have deprived a younger person of it. I hope they have rethought that attitude, actually i am sure they have rethought that attitude, the fear of death certainly concentrates the mind.

Pfizer does not arrive in this country in any quantity until September and October.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top