Join for free
Cass1122
New Member!
Barrow in furness uk
Cass1122 is male 

28-07-2021, 02:27 AM

Fitness freak

Don't know about you but I've become a fitness freak since turning 60. I go to gym three days a week. This is my routine

1000 m rowing
500m stepper x3
500m rowing x3

Weight training 1hour

Areobics yes I can keep up with the young ones
Finish off with a swim

Am I doing too much
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Re: Fitness freak

It's up to everyone themselves, ideally in consultation with their doctor, to decide what the right exercise routine is or if it may be too much. It would depend on the state of their health and their personal fitness. And one should feel good after each training. You don't say how old you are and whether you did any sport before retiring. Nor do we know how intensive the weight training is. So, it's impossible for the reader to answer your final question.
Our gyms have been closed since November. Before that I went to the gym 2-3 times a week as a retiree and once a week while I was still working. I usually warm up on the treadmill for 10 minutes and then use the machines for about an hour, which I now do at home as far as possible due to Corona. Then I used to finish off on the treadmill again with a 20 minute run. In addition, I run outside, formerly once a week and now 2-3 times a week.
I'd venture to say that my workout is definitely not too much. Firstly, because I have exercised regularly as clockwork apart from playing tennis since I was 15. Secondly and most importantly, my ambition has always been directed at just this regularity and not at measuring reps and sweat. It has done me good.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:58 PM

Your body will let you know if you are doing too much.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:26 PM

I have never been a Gym Bunny, my exercise is 50 lengths of the pool 5, sometimes 6 days a week. I also do a good walk with the dog every day, and a good bit of manual work around the garden or help out with some of the farm work when needed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top