Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 12:12 PM

Re: Please sign the Petition!

Thanks for the link.

I have signed it, but two questions arise:
- Why was the link so difficult to find? Some intervention by certain authorities, perhaps?
- Why did so many other unrelated requests for support pop up afterwards?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not Signed.....
Not because I don't agree with the petition.

They want to know too much information about me, it could be 'Data Harvesting'...Stand by for some nuisance emails and phone calls....
Yep, same here. I was fine with the email address request but when I saw they wanted my actual address I closed the page down and thought "sod that".
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:54 PM

Why would they want to know about you? Your signing a petition that's all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yep, same here. I was fine with the email address request but when I saw the other stuff they wanted I closed the page down and thought "sod that".

Don't blame you, Tachyon.
I am very wary of these things when they want to know too much.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 02:59 PM

Not signed too much information required sadly
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Not Signed.....

They want to know too much information about me, it could be 'Data Harvesting'...Stand by for some nuisance emails and phone calls....
You're right, of course.

When I signed it I did think it unusual for them to ask for so much information, but naively assumed it was to confirm correct and valid identity.

If it happens that I receive a load of junk, I am quite prepared!

Physical junk mail is not a problem; we already receive loads of it but, fortunately, our council has provided a special blue bin specially for junk mail.

Phone calls? Again not a problem. We have an answer machine which intercepts all calls. If we hear a genuine caller respond, we pick up. Anyone else either leaves a message (which we routinely delete every day) or doesn't bother.

Email? Virtually all junk email finds itself diverted to my Spam folder which, again, is emptied every day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yep, same here. I was fine with the email address request but when I saw they wanted my actual address I closed the page down and thought "sod that".
I just put a false name & address in. it still worked.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:42 PM

Not Signed.....

My thoughts were similar too OGF then when signing I ticked to receive no further contact by way of their e-mails. Then I saw the other details mentioned earlier by JBR about unrelated support requests and almost decided against signing but the 'unsubscribe' facility will be used if there is the opportunity. Following that I thought 'what's the odds', sign it. There are already phone calls that I regularly ignore on the landline. There are also the forty odd 'scam' numbers I have blocked on my iPhone so what difference will a few more make. Gmail's spam filter does its job and any that do get through are deleted daily. To be honest I have these days got beyond caring really!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:44 PM

It's based in California. You might be interested in this petition on Change.org :

https://www.change.org/p/care2-found...ties-for-money

I couldn't give a monkeys about H&M's security payment or non payment. I can't be the only one who is bored to tears by yet another news story about their situation.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:55 PM

Not Signed.....

you are right and tend to agree but I said Bollocks who cares and signed

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top