Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Re: Anti-Vaxxers

I have had 2 Henry's over the years, but decided there were two things I didn't like about them.

One is having to look forward to where you are going, while at the same time keep looking backwards to stop the darn thing catching on chair legs, door frames etc.

Secondly, I got fed up with the paper dust bags. You don't change the dustbag after every single use, so I found they ponged when I next turned the hoover on.

Our Tabby here, recommended her Shark to me, and I bought one.
I must say I think it's the best vacuum I've had, and miles better than the Henry.
No more dragging something like a dead carcass along behind me, no smelly paper dustbag, just a easy to empty plastic container which I easily tip out after every use.
It really does a lovely job and the carpets look so much cleaner with the revolving brush on them - another thing Henry doesn't have.

So thank you Tabs, I'm glad I took your advice.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Last Tango, Your thread should come with a warning!
I have just come online after having my first Covid vaccine injection this morning and l read this!
My heart sank as l thought, ‘What have l done?’

I have an upright Dyson that l’ve had for a few years now. It has been brilliant and l service it myself.

I don’t like pull a long vacuum cleaners. To me, they are hard work.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that not only am I anti-Vax, I'm also anti-Henry. Hetty is the only sensible choice! Just as powerful as Henry but much lighter and smaller.

I thought he was on about vacuum cleaners,..you aren’t anti vax ,Annie,
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 02:20 PM

Congratulations on getting your jab, Art. I personally haven't heard of any adverse reactions from friends other than a tenderness of the arm for a day or so.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Congratulations on getting your jab, Art. I personally haven't heard of any adverse reactions from friends other than a tenderness of the arm for a day or so.
Thank You, Tango.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:05 PM

If one had an adverse effect after getting the jab, which vacuum cleaner do you think would be best for trying to suck the vaccine out? Am thinking of sucking snake venom out as my working hypothesis
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The penny has dropped....and the Henry camp is?
Henry is a bit pervy. Always lurking on the floor looking up your skirt. Don't even start me off on what he wants to do with his nose!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If one had an adverse effect after getting the jab, which vacuum cleaner do you think would be best for trying to suck the vaccine out? Am thinking of sucking snake venom out as my working hypothesis
Perhaps you should organise some research and let us know the results. Other OFF members can peer-review.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps you should organise some research and let us know the results. Other OFF members can peer-review.
Right. Am onto it. Will use vacuum cleaners which I can borrow from my bubble members as a starting point, before I sneak down to Currys when they reopen and do some in-store trials. Haven't got any vaccine, but will order some Quink ink from Amazon which will make it easy to provide visual feedback, and will sneak over to the skips outside our local hospital to try and get some old syringes which I'll be able to recycle after I wash them in the dishwasher.

Will provide feedback by making myself reborn while waiting outside the pearly gates, thus reincarnating myself!!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am very pleased with my Shark - haven't asked him his name but he looks like a Sydney to me.
We have a Shark too. Best vacuum I've ever used. I like the extra long cord that comes with it too. Plug it in in the hall and I can vacuum the whole bungalow without needing to keeping unplugging and plugging in a different socket.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top