Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:38 PM

Line of Succession

Given the latest announcement from over the pond, I wonder if the decision of Harry and MeAgain would/should affect the line of succession?

Currently, Harry is sixth in line to the throne, with his son being 7th, and whilst it seems unlikely that he would be called upon to serve, it would only take a family tragedy for the Cambridges to alter things drastically.

What do you think - would/should he inherit the throne under such circumstances? Indeed, would he even consider it?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Re: Line of Succession

Anything to do with Royalty is meaningless tripe. Speculation about meaningless tripe is futile.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:53 PM

No, he can't just give up his position, then rock up to the throne like nothing ever happened. Once you are out, you are out. His choice. And if it were to come to pass, there would be no point in having a royal family anyway - I mean, if something terrible happened that knocked out everyone else before him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Anything to do with Royalty is meaningless tripe. Speculation about meaningless tripe is futile.
Unfortunately it isn't meaningless tripe even though it should be. The whole rotten lot of them should be dumped and replaced by an elected government with an elected president.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Given the latest announcement from over the pond, I wonder if the decision of Harry and MeAgain would/should affect the line of succession?

Currently, Harry is sixth in line to the throne, with his son being 7th, and whilst it seems unlikely that he would be called upon to serve, it would only take a family tragedy for the Cambridges to alter things drastically.

What do you think - would/should he inherit the throne under such circumstances? Indeed, would he even consider it?
Consider it? He'd be at it like a rat up a drainpipe with Me-again pushing him from behind or more probably dragging him behind her.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:08 PM

I have an interest in the constitutional monarchy because of the differences between your government and ours, and find it educational. There are issues, lessons, and nuances that can be learned from in both directions.

As for Harry and Meghan, I find the details around their exploits highly embarrassing to both countries. Frankly, I would prefer it if the public would lose its fascination, so those two can disappear from the radar. I don't wish them ill will, I'm just tired of them seeking attention and acting as if they have some moral authority, while complaining about the press and exploiting their positions for wealth and fame.

Just know that if you find a skiff washed up on your western shores with Harry, Meghan, and James Corden in it, it was probably me who shoved them off
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:09 PM

After yesterday’s retort to the Queen from them. I thought, you’ve done it now, you’re finished.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
After yesterday’s retort to the Queen from them. I thought, you’ve done it now, you’re finished.
What retort was this?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have an interest in the constitutional monarchy because of the differences between your government and ours, and find it educational. There are issues, lessons, and nuances that can be learned from in both directions.

As for Harry and Meghan, I find the details around their exploits highly embarrassing to both countries. Frankly, I would prefer it if the public would lose its fascination, so those two can disappear from the radar. I don't wish them ill will, I'm just tired of them seeking attention and acting as if they have some moral authority, while complaining about the press and exploiting their positions for wealth and fame.

Just know that if you find a skiff washed up on your western shores with Harry, Meghan, and James Corden in it, it was probably me who shoved them off

We don't want them back thank you, Surfermom.
I don't know who James Corden is?
Edited to say, I googled him & you can keep him too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What retort was this?
After the Queen said, there was no way back for them but they’d always remain loved members of the family.

Harry and pregnant Meghan hit back and said: “We can all live a life of service‘.

(Actually, l think it’s being described as a ‘rebuke’ rather than a ‘retort’.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top