Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:26 PM

Re: Line of Succession

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We don't want them back thank you, Surfermom.
I don't know who James Corden is?
Edited to say, I googled him & you can keep him too.
He played a character called "Smiffy" in Gavin & Stacey. Now he's a chat show host in LA.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have an interest in the constitutional monarchy because of the differences between your government and ours, and find it educational. There are issues, lessons, and nuances that can be learned from in both directions.

As for Harry and Meghan, I find the details around their exploits highly embarrassing to both countries. Frankly, I would prefer it if the public would lose its fascination, so those two can disappear from the radar. I don't wish them ill will, I'm just tired of them seeking attention and acting as if they have some moral authority, while complaining about the press and exploiting their positions for wealth and fame.

Just know that if you find a skiff washed up on your western shores with Harry, Meghan, and James Corden in it, it was probably me who shoved them off
Good post Surfer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
After the Queen said, there was no way back for them but they’d always remain loved members of the family.

Harry and pregnant Meghan hit back and said: “We can all live a life of service‘.

(Actually, l think it’s being described as a ‘rebuke’ rather than a ‘retort’.)
I don't get it. What is she saying exactly?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't get it. What is she saying exactly?
I think Meghan and Harry may be referring to this quote.....

“As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness.”

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:09 PM

Consider it? He'd be at it like a rat up a drainpipe with Me-again pushing him from behind or more probably dragging him behind her.

Perish the thought, TAT!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good post Surfer.
Aaaah, then you'll be taking them then! I'll be shipping them off around five this afternoon.

Tiffany says no, but we shan't tell her .

“As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness.”

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
That's quote I am unfamiliar with, but I will tuck it away for consideration and sharing. Thank you for that!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 06:39 PM

God forbid, but if ever tragic circumstances led to Harry being appointed then it would surely initiate a constitutional crisis and the end of the monarchy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-02-2021, 08:07 PM

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Ah .... Thank you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:05 PM

I didn’t realise until l looked that little Archie is 7th in succession.

My mind has just gone a bit haywire... fast forward to the year approx 2040.. less than six deaths occur and Meghan and Archie refuse to comment!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have an interest in the constitutional monarchy because of the differences between your government and ours, and find it educational. There are issues, lessons, and nuances that can be learned from in both directions.

As for Harry and Meghan, I find the details around their exploits highly embarrassing to both countries. Frankly, I would prefer it if the public would lose its fascination, so those two can disappear from the radar. I don't wish them ill will, I'm just tired of them seeking attention and acting as if they have some moral authority, while complaining about the press and exploiting their positions for wealth and fame.

Just know that if you find a skiff washed up on your western shores with Harry, Meghan, and James Corden in it, it was probably me who shoved them off
I feel exactly the same about them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top