Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Re: Coping with grief.

Aghhh sweet thing to say Swimmy xx

You are right Meg I know I’ve put off grieving as much as possible with a big work schedule, a sort of denial. When I think about the last year it’s still to painful I can’t allow myself to go there.
It might be a different story when I’m settled in my new home .

Xx
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 11:00 AM

I don't think anyone copes with grief, you just learn to live with it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 07:08 AM

A very poignant article

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...brothers-grave
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:04 AM

Big hugs Rip....some great advice here. One day at a time
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A very poignant article

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...brothers-grave
I found that quite upsetting, Muddy

Such a brave lady to make that journey, I truly hope she felt peace and comfort from it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 01:20 PM

What helped me when both my parents passed away within 6 months of each other was the vicar.
He said " your parents have now left this world to be greeted by all the others they knew in the next world"
It helped me
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 02:57 PM

Carol, you sound a great friend!

I lost my Mum a week or so before last Xmas and although she was 96 and in a lovely care home, with all of last year being taken over with covid it was just a horrible final year of her life.

Under normal circumstances I visited her every other day, stayed for lunch with her on Saturdays, took her out in the wheelchair when the weather was good and she loved sitting out in the sheltered garden there with me.

There were a couple of months with no visits, then garden visits (depending on the weather) and then lone visits in a specially adapted large community room but there were no hugs and a glass barrier between us with us both wearing visors, masks etc and it was just awful.

She went to end of life care in Sept and hung on until a few days before Xmas and although she was beautifully and lovingly cared for by the staff it was very sad seeing her wasting away before my eyes. Obviously during these couple of months I was allowed into her room in full PPE, covid tested, temp taken etc and she did know I was with her until the last day really.

I coped by keeping busy organising funeral, doing executor duties etc and now I am writing up a full dossier on very unkind and uncaring treatment she received at a care home before she went into this one. I am getting everything off my chest and, for her sake, I will see this through and ensure they get their come uppance.

I am also looking in to reclaiming some of the vast amount of money she paid out in care home fees. We had to sell her house to pay her fees and she and my Dad went without so much to buy their ex council house, so we are not talking about a mansion!

I miss her every single day but keeping busy is my way of coping.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:09 AM

Carol you can only be there and offer support and love. You can't change someone's grieving which I know you are not trying to do. Your friend has the love and support of her daughters, family as well as good friends.

This is so raw, and the incident at the window you describe is heart breaking to "me" and I am merely reading it not living it.

The saying time heals is untrue I think; time is merely able to give us the chance to build layers of defence over the rawest of emotions.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 05:52 AM

She is lucky to have you as a friend Carol....remember to take care of yourself through all this though I know life can be tough for you too. Be there for her certainly when you can and if its possible encourage her family to do the same.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top