Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 07:19 AM

Past; Present and Future do they really exist?

The “time” continuum
It has been suggested just can’t find the reference atm but it don’t matter hang in; that the past and present and future are all together really NOT separated. We have just created boundaries that suit us. So if we feel sleepy after dark and fall asleep the ‘time’ just continues into what we think is the ‘future’ but it’s just part of the ‘present’ – the light fades and moon shines and then light appears again all really on the same continuum. But what about the ‘past’ I hear you ask – well as long as your memory is good it is there – you may not be able to touch it and talk to it [well you can actually but sometime it won’t talk back but scientists have even solved that one now]. So the ‘past’ as we call it is always there. And if you think really really hard the ‘future’ doesn’t really exist it’s just an imaginary concept we have invented. As I mentioned previously each time we awake we are in our present ‘time’ which we think is the future but it ain’t see? Just imagine that you could experiment and remove all artifacts of ‘time’ like watches and clocks ; mobiles etc and you lived in your bubble for a while and could prevent anything or body telling you the ‘time’ then you would be living in the past, present and future all together?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 07:54 AM

Re: Past; Present and Future do they really exist?

Gosh Bret what a question......but if there is no time as you suggest how come our bodies age? Someone forgot to tell mine time stood still
bret
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh Bret what a question......but if there is no time as you suggest how come our bodies age? Someone forgot to tell mine time stood still
ah good catch question heh? - well yes our bodies do age - nature changes etc etc BUT what we unclever buggers have done is invented a time continuum to that - the bodies will age without time - that's nature! someone once said the universe just goes on forever and ever and ever - just relax and forget time oh and try some LSD some erhm erhmm time?

some buddhists have an interesting take on wot happens when we die - trust them heh - I'll try to dig it out in time!!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 08:20 AM

I sometimes wonder, although I can't prove anything and I don't believe in a God, (usually portrayed as a long haired and bearded Caucasian). Maybe "God" is a universal conciousness, where perhaps we all go to reunite with old 'souls' , be they human, animal or alien.
I'm in no hurry but I'm quite looking forward to being dead. Kind of the last extreme adventure.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Whoa, this is a heavy thought for this time in the morning, Bret! But I tend to agree with you....also with the body ageing - that is also a "present" occurrence, because our body changes constantly. We only notice it when we look in the mirror. So we see that new wrinkle, or that new spot as a sudden appearance - when in fact it has been forming all the while.
bret
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 08:30 AM

ah that was the other buddhist concept of time if you like- you just reminded me of it - stay close NZ I'm just down the road. Yes our physical bodies [non-cremated] eventually dissolve away and all those little atoms just float away back into the universe and possible re-constitute in another dimension that some of us call heaven. Am I in the right thread or does it matter - matter get it matter - anti-matter etc

NB: cremation - I knew some smart bistiid would spot that one - well burning away our molecules is just a quicker way of dispersal that I mentioned above of the molecules - innit?
bret
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Whoa, this is a heavy thought for this time in the morning, Bret! But I tend to agree with you....also with the body ageing - that is also a "present" occurrence, because our body changes constantly. We only notice it when we look in the mirror. So we see that new wrinkle, or that new spot as a sudden appearance - when in fact it has been forming all the while.
PK - I like the way ya thinking definitely - infinitely in fact you will just keep expanding!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
ah that was the other buddhist concept of time if you like- you just reminded me of it - stay close NZ I'm just down the road. Yes our physical bodies [non-cremated] eventually dissolve away and all those little atoms just float away back into the universe and possible re-constitute in another dimension that some of us call heaven. Am I in the right thread or does it matter - matter get it matter - anti-matter etc
Bret....do the rainbows sparkle with diamonds where you are right now?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

21-05-2021, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->
PK - I like the way ya thinking definitely - infinitely in fact you will just keep expanding!!

Mentally I hope so, physically not so much, ta!
bret
bret is male 

21-05-2021, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Bret....do the rainbows sparkle with diamonds where you are right now?
always Pixie - just like little pixies in the glen!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top