Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 02:25 PM

Re: No Peace in Our Time?

Has there ever been total peace on this planet, in our time, in the past or future.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Has there ever been total peace on this planet, in our time, in the past or future.
Never. Not even in prehistory. Competition is the driving force of conflict which is the driving force of evolution.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

28-05-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Never. Not even in prehistory. Competition is the driving force of conflict which is the driving force of evolution.
gotta reference for that one? [scholarly one that is]
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 09:32 PM

Is that why humans became toothless and clawless and not very
strong, lost our sense of smell and hearing etc ??
And now to cap it all, are becoming increasingly WOKE Todgy ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
gotta reference for that one? [scholarly one that is]
A good place to start would be Charles Darwin "The Origin of Species" with a side order of Gregor Mendel "principles of inheritance".

Then there's the evidence from the record of the rocks - Herbert wrote what has become the benchmark where that is concerned.

Paleontology isn't my "bag", Moreover my views on inheritance and genetics while very firmly held are not politically correct though perfectly correct.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-05-2021, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Is that why humans became toothless and clawless and not very
strong, lost our sense of smell and hearing etc ??
And now to cap it all, are becoming increasingly WOKE Todgy ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
My belief is that with greater intellectual capacity we became more successful by using brain power rather than brute force. Especially so in the higher latitudes where we had to think in order to prosper, to learn about seasons and how we had to do different things in different seasons and not just collect fruit off trees when we wanted to eat.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 12:03 AM

You snooze you lose?

One of our competitive advantages is our ability to put aside differences and cooperate with each other. Probably the case for all species.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Every Level 4 Lab in the World is spied on by the big boys.

My view is that if Trump had the proof he would have released it.

In terms of germ warfare, the virus is not very effective.
The real weak point is the "cloud". We have really set ourselves up for being shot in the foot with that one.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 01:01 AM

My belief is that with greater intellectual capacity we became more successful by using brain power rather than brute force. Especially so in the higher latitudes where we had to think in order to prosper, to learn about seasons and how we had to do different things in different seasons and not just collect fruit off trees when we wanted to eat.
Tend to agree.

Also think that humans are somewhat unique in asking "what if?" and, more importantly "why?"
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

29-05-2021, 07:44 AM

A good place to start would be Charles Darwin "The Origin of Species" with a side order of Gregor Mendel "principles of inheritance".

Then there's the evidence from the record of the rocks - Herbert wrote what has become the benchmark where that is concerned.

Paleontology isn't my "bag", Moreover my views on inheritance and genetics while very firmly held are not politically correct though perfectly correct.
you never quite get it right do you? don't know when you last went to night school but you might need some updating - it's called revision?

The irony in all this is that Darwin himself never claimed that it was. He went to his deathbed protesting that he'd been misinterpreted: there was no reason, he said, to assume that natural selection was the only imaginable mechanism of evolution

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...on-genes-wrong

I dont' know why I keep doing this for you? C- must try harder

Mendels concepts have been updated too? - tut tut

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/...-laws-overview

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top