Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Re: Help printer won’t work

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. I never know if mine has decided to work or not.
It's a bit of a waiting game with mine too.....It clanks and clunks for a while, and spits out a few blank sheets before it's ready for use... And now it's telling me that ink is running low...Well at forty quid for a pair of cartridges it can 'Do One' this month....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Out of interest, Muddy, what make and model is your Printer?

And, how does it connect to your PC?

WiFi? Bluetooth? By a printer cable to the PC?

By an ethernet cable?

Might be able to clear up what needs a password.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's a bit of a waiting game with mine too.....It clanks and clunks for a while, and spits out a few blank sheets before it's ready for use... And now it's telling me that ink is running low...Well at forty quid for a pair of cartridges it can 'Do One' this month....
Easy to see how they managed to shift their income more towards the ink, rather than the Printer, OGF.

Then they can inhibit your use of Compatible Cartridges by putting a chip, on their own cartridges, to keep you trapped.

Then they make the Printer take ages to fire up and shovel loads of ink whilst "checking" the nozzles. Not the best way of helping a low usage user!

I use Compatibles, mostly, because I don't need the print quality you might want for photos, etc.

The Compatibles I get for my Canon Printers are fine & less than half the price.

Also I have found a trick to avoid the blocking chip problem.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Easy to see how they managed to shift their income more towards the ink, rather than the Printer, OGF.

Then they can inhibit your use of Compatible Cartridges by putting a chip, on their own cartridges, to keep you trapped.

Then they make the Printer take ages to fire up and shovel loads of ink whilst "checking" the nozzles. Not the best way of helping a low usage user!

I use Compatibles, mostly, because I don't need the print quality you might want for photos, etc.

The Compatibles I get for my Canon Printers are fine & less than half the price.

Do tell - it may work on mine (not a canon, but a HP Envy). Mine connects over wifi, and heaven forbid I use a regular ink cartridge. Does not work at all. Its an "Instant Ink" version, which means you pay a small sum for a limited amount of sheets printed and they send you ink as and when your printer tells them it needs it. Trouble is, the size of cartridge has now changed to smaller ones (less ink) and now because I appear to require more ink, they are asking me to upgrade my subscription!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

17-06-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Do tell - it may work on mine (not a canon, but a HP Envy). Mine connects over wifi, and heaven forbid I use a regular ink cartridge. Does not work at all. Its an "Instant Ink" version, which means you pay a small sum for a limited amount of sheets printed and they send you ink as and when your printer tells them it needs it. Trouble is, the size of cartridge has now changed to smaller ones (less ink) and now because I appear to require more ink, they are asking me to upgrade my subscription!
Not sure about HP printer, PK, but this may help:-

https://www.yoyoink.com/articles/how...nt-in-low-ink/

failing that, try searching something like "How to I make compatibles work on my HP Printer.?"
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 04:45 PM

Thanks, I shall investigate this further, Ted!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 08:03 PM

Sounds good to me Ted, and you were very perceptive, I'm running a Cannon MG4250 Ink Jet and I'm well impressed with the quality of print (I do a lot of maps).... Where do you get compatibles, and would they work on my printer? It's connected via a cable to a USB....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

17-06-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sounds good to me Ted, and you were very perceptive, I'm running a Cannon MG4250 Ink Jet and I'm well impressed with the quality of print (I do a lot of maps).... Where do you get compatibles, and would they work on my printer? It's connected via a cable to a USB....
The cartridges I get are from Kingway, a common name when you search for Compatible inks.

They tell me, in their instructions, as follows:-

*if the printer says non-original cartridges, please press the OK button and the printer will work as usual.

*If the printer says cartridges are damaged or defective it means the cartridges cannot be recognised - take out the cartridges, clean their chips or the printer contacts with something like eraser, swab or tissue, re-install & start again.

* If that can't help, unplug the printer for 20-30 secs Plug bag in, take out and put back the cartridges.

This all seems to work on my Canon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-06-2021, 06:58 AM

The cartridges I get are from Kingway, a common name when you search for Compatible inks.

They tell me, in their instructions, as follows:-

*if the printer says non-original cartridges, please press the OK button and the printer will work as usual.

*If the printer says cartridges are damaged or defective it means the cartridges cannot be recognised - take out the cartridges, clean their chips or the printer contacts with something like eraser, swab or tissue, re-install & start again.

* If that can't help, unplug the printer for 20-30 secs Plug bag in, take out and put back the cartridges.

This all seems to work on my Canon.
Thanks Ted, I'll give them a go....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 07:07 AM

my epson printer keeps looseing wifi connection and a nuisance having to rfeconnect with the password. push button connection never works

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top