Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:53 AM

EU vs UK in Number of Trade Deals

I just checked on the government web site for the UK number of ratified trade deals and I got a similar list for the EU from "Wikipedia"....

As it stands, the EU has 39 versus the UK 37.

Pretty impressive considering the UK has only been a sovereign nation for just over a year or so.

Note : I would also question a lot of the EU deals "ratified" status as I'm pretty sure the majority are still to be ratified in full by all member states - only Japan I think has this status and the UK. So, in reality we are leaving the EU behind in our dust.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 09:56 AM

Re: EU vs UK in Number of Trade Deals

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I just checked on the government web site for the UK number of ratified trade deals and I got a similar list for the EU from "Wikipedia"....

As it stands, the EU has 39 versus the UK 37.

Pretty impressive considering the UK has only been a sovereign nation for just over a year or so.

Note : I would also question a lot of the EU deals "ratified" status as I'm pretty sure the majority are still to be ratified in full by all member states - only Japan I think has this status and the UK. So, in reality we are leaving the EU behind in our dust.
Encouraging news.
I suspect that we are more trusted than the EU. After all, the way they have been behaving towards us since we left, and the world is watching them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Encouraging news.
I suspect that we are more trusted than the EU. After all, the way they have been behaving towards us since we left, and the world is watching them.
For sure, JBR

Their (EU) vaccination nationalism and management of the pandemic has raised a lot of questions for big businesses and their trade dependency with supply chains and logistics. There are serious questions being raised over the support for businesses by the EU commission over the pandemic compared to the UK (and other sovereign nations). After the pandemic is subsiding in the UK, only now are we starting to see EU grants and aid for affected businesses in the EU - after over a year of bickering and division by the commission and the member states over mutualised debt and funding distribution. Due to lies and propaganda by Merkel, Macron and Von der Leyen, they prevented the UK non-profit AZ from being given to millions of people in the EU, allowing them to get back to normal quicker but instead they demised it and caused more, deliberate, needless suffering and deaths in the 27. The UK has come from nothing to be the world leader in vaccines and diagnostics while the EU remains in chaos and confusion.

The other side of this is that the UK prove over and over again that when faced with a serious problem they come up with the goods first and not only that, think globally (vaccines) and put safety and health of the people above profits.

Big businesses need governments to protect them during pandemics and natural disasters. The EU commission has shown over and over again over the past year that it only cares about itself and gaining more power and control.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:48 PM

You can have quite an enjoyable time, at the moment, by going back in the list of Brexit Threads and picking out some of the Remainer posts round about the time before, and just after Brexit, and adding "As an Expert, you didn't get that right, did you?"

There are so many Doom laden prophesies that you can spend hours gloating!

(Sorry, mods, I'll get my coat!)

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 03:08 PM

This pantomime by (Sir) Bob the Gob Nob Geldof.

Wealthy but clueless. A disgraceful imbecilic stunt which was an excruciatingly embrassment to watch.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top